Announcements for October 8, 2023
Weekly Announcements for October 8, 2023
Please feel free to visit the church calendar for details on upcoming services and events.
Sunday Church Services for October:
- 10/08/2023: The Church Building
- 10/15/2023: The Church Building
- 10/22/2023: The Church Building
- 10/29/2023: House Church Sunday
Leader's Meetings for 2023:
- Leader's meetings will be held both in person (Fellowship Hall) and online (Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84730796218, Meeting ID: 847 3079 6218, Passcode: 842219)
- October 22nd - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- November 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- December 2nd End of the Year Celebration on Saturday evening
- Linda Kenison Please be praying for the cousin of Carrielynn Utley, Linda Kenison. She has been battling breast cancer and her treatments have caused so many other problems. She is currently in the hospital in Seattle and needs healing prayers.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:8" Please remember that contribution can be submitted online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give or via mail. Send all mailed contributions to: The Charlotte Church 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275 Charlotte, NC 28203. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget (2023)....................................................$23,000.00
- August Weekly Average.................................................$19,507.99
- September Weekly Average...........................................$17,666.01
- October Weekly Average (to date).................................$6,726.01
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2023......................$64,554.08
- Mom Connection: Hey Momma's! Please join us virtually for some intimate time together as we discuss "Raising Godly Children." Resources will be provided so make sure to have your pen and notebook ready. Invite your friends, get comfortable and come connect with us.
- Date: Tuesday, Oct 17th at 7:30pm
- Zoom Meeting ID: 584 285 0693
- Zoom Password: 5527993
- Beloved and Dignified Conference: Women around the world are invited to attend the first-ever Beloved & Dignified online women’s conference set for October 6-7. The lineup of speakers and a detailed schedule are now available, and registration is open. This unique conference is not sponsored by any one church In the ICOC but rather by a group of women across four different continents, who facilitate or participate in various support groups within their communities. Margo Scurry is serving as a moderator for one of the speakers, Roberta Balsom. She has been leading a series of online Grief Journey workshops with Carol Bright using the YBIC book: The Grief Journey by DT. Tim Summerlin. This is just one of the topics facing our sisters - see the list of topics available on the site. https://www.belovedanddignified.com/
- Intimacy in Your Marriage Devotional: Get ready for our next Marrieds Event! This time we are going to have a devotional and sharing on the topic of : “Intimacy In Your Marriage” …How to maintain it, or get it back! Saturday, October 7th from 10a-12 noon. Coffee and snacks will be served. Cost is $5/couple to be collected at the door.. Here is the link to RSVP by October 5th: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090D4BA4A62FA3FC1-44536963-marrieds We are making it possible to have childcare provided for those with young children. Please comment on the RSVP if childcare is needed so that we can have adequate help.
Care & Compassion:
- Grief Journey: Grief of any kind can be a struggle to handle alone. A group of disciples have been holding a virtual workshop based on our brother in Christ - Tim Summerlin's book: Grief Journey that has helped so many in their personal journeys. The classes start Oct 16th for 6 weeks. To register email email@example.com
- Senior Agape Event: The Senior Agape Group of the Care and Compassion Ministry will be hosting a BINGO, BOOGIE and DINING Night at The Charlotte Church in our Fellowship Hall on Saturday, October 21, 2023. Please come out and fellowship, while playing bingo to win great prizes, enjoy a wonderful meal, and participating in a little line dancing. 🤗💃🏽
- Event Date: Saturday, October 21, 2023
- Event Location: The Charlotte Church Fellowship Hall
- Age: 50+ adults
- Time: 3:00-7:00 pm
- Please sign up on the link below by October 15, 2023.: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4CAEA82DA6FF2-senior
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Bingo, Boogie and Dining
- Game Time: It's time to put your game face on!!! Saturday, October 14th, from 3:30pm-7pm the teens will come together for some fun, food, fellowship and games at Drew and Crystal Marrow's home. Please bring a snack to share. Check the teen Band app for more details.
- Teen Parents Meeting: Sunday, October 15th, there will be a meeting for the teen parents after church. We will start 15 minutes after church ends. This meeting is to discuss/plan events for the remainder of 2023 and talk through the logistics of conducting the events. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Robert and Davina Lausen via text or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications: We want to ensure everyone stays in the know of what's going on with the Teen Ministry; therefore, if you are a teen in the grades of 9th-12th or a parent of a high schooler please join (and routinely check) our ministry on Band. Here's the link to join https://band.us/n/a1a69eFaBfcfd.
- HOPE Disaster Plan: We want every member to protect yourself and your loved ones, please take a moment to look at this PPT Presentation that has been provided by HOPE world wide's Disaster Team. It's simple and practical. In the event of an emergency, having a plan that you've discussed with the members of your household could make a big difference in reducing unnecessary loss of life.
- If you have any questions contact Mike Dames 704-724-2362 or email@example.com
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
- Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: email@example.com