Announcements for October 29, 2023
Weekly Announcements for October 29, 2023
Please feel free to visit the church calendar for details on upcoming services and events.
Sunday Church Services for October:
- 10/29/2023: House Church Sunday
Sunday Church Services for November:
- 11/05/2023: The Church Building
- 11/12/2023: The Church Building
- 11/19/2023: The Church Building
- 11/26/2023: House Church Sunday
Leader's Meetings for 2023:
- Leader's meetings will be held both in person (Fellowship Hall) and online (Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84730796218, Meeting ID: 847 3079 6218, Passcode: 842219)
- November 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm - CANCELLED
- December 2nd End of the Year Celebration on Saturday evening
- Patrick Allen: Please keep Patrick Allen and his family in your prayers. Patrick's sister Pamla Allen-Hall unexpectedly passed away on October 13. If you want to send some cards to the family, please send to 3009 Goble Street Gastonia, NC 28256
- Sheila Davis: Please be in prayer for Sheila Davis and her family. Her grandmother, Catherine Cheek, passed away on Thursday, October 19.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:8" Please remember that contribution can be submitted online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give or via mail. Send all mailed contributions to: The Charlotte Church 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275 Charlotte, NC 28203. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget (2023)....................................................$23,000.00
- August Weekly Average.................................................$19,507.99
- September Weekly Average...........................................$17,666.01
- October Weekly Average (to date).................................$13,397.56
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2023.......................$68,014.08
- Mom Connection: Hello Moms! Please come out and join us for a morning of fellowship over age-appropriate arts and crafts for your little ones. Invite your friends and try to connect with a mom you don't already know. We are looking forward to seeing you there! Also, we are looking for volunteers to help set up and clean up afterwards. If you can help, please send an email to Rachel Arrington at Rjenkins0725@gmail.com.
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 10 A.M. - Noon
- Location: The Charlotte Church (fellowship hall)
- Invitation: The Worship Ministry would like to invite everyone interested to participate in our upcoming Christmas Program on 12/10/2023. We need young people of all ages under 20 for a group song, and others over 20 can participate with the rest of the group. Practices will be on Saturday Mornings @ 9:00am -12:00pm until 12/09. If interested, please respond by emailing us your name, email address and cell number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/28.
- Operation Christmas Child: The Middle School Ministry will be collecting various items for an organization called Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child delivers great joy and the good news of Jesus Christ to children in need around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes. We are asking the church to donate items such as school supplies, small toys, and hygiene products (tooth brushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, lotion etc.) Be on the lookout for a large donation box near the front of the church. Collections will take place on Nov. 5 & Nov. 12!
- Fall Masquerade Runway: Find a costume and wear it well. Teens come out for our Masquerade Runway, Saturday, October 28th, from 6:00pm-9pm. The location is the church gym, 2200 Ashley Road. There will be food, fun, fellowship, and contests (costume and themed dessert). Check the teen Band app this weekend for more details.
- Game Night: Game Time!!! Friday, November 3rd, from 6:30pm-8pm the teens will come together for some fun, food, fellowship and games at Steve and Tinisha Bookhart's home. Please bring a snack to share. Check the teen Band app for more details. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Robert and Davina Lausen via text or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications: We want to ensure everyone stays in the know of what's going on with the Teen Ministry; therefore, if you are a teen in the grades of 9th-12th or a parent of a high schooler please join (and routinely check) our ministry on Band. Here's the link to join https://band.us/n/a1a69eFaBfcfd.
- Marrieds Friendsgiving Family Fun: Please join us for a fun family event hosted by the Marrieds Ministry. Our final event for 2023 will be November 18th from 3-6pm in the gym. This event is for couples AND their children! Get ready for family fun and fellowship! Get ready for hula hooping, jump rope, crafts and more.
Care & Compassion:
- Holiday Brunch: The Senior Agape Group of the Care and Compassion Ministry will be hosting a Holiday Brunch after church on Sunday, December 3 from 12:00-2:30 pm in the Church Fellowship Hall. (55+)There will be live holiday performances!!!!! Hope to see you there!!!!!
- Project Future Story - Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop: Come join us on November 9th from 8:30am - 3:30pm as leaders from Concord and Kannapolis discuss how to help our neighbors that have the least develop a future story that leads them to a place of self-sufficiency. This workshop is for anyone who has interest in learning how to help people that are living in poverty break that cycle. Click here to register and for details
- HOPE Disaster Plan: We want every member to protect yourself and your loved ones, please take a moment to look at this PPT Presentation that has been provided by HOPE world wide's Disaster Team. It's simple and practical. In the event of an emergency, having a plan that you've discussed with the members of your household could make a big difference in reducing unnecessary loss of life.
- If you have any questions contact Mike Dames 704-724-2362 or email@example.com
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
- Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: email@example.com