Announcements for November 12, 2023
Weekly Announcements for November 12th, 2023
Please feel free to visit the church calendar for details on upcoming services and events.
Sunday Church Services for November:
- 11/12/2023: The Church Building
- 11/19/2023: The Church Building
- 11/26/2023: House Church Sunday
Leader's Meetings for 2023:
- Leader's meetings will be held both in person (Fellowship Hall) and online (Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84730796218, Meeting ID: 847 3079 6218, Passcode: 842219)
- December 2nd End of the Year Celebration on Saturday evening
- Update from Laurie Maddex: Thank you and your wonderful church family so much for the generous donations and prayers. We are very grateful and appreciative. Chase is doing well and in good spirits. We're still waiting for the Johns Hopkins specialized biopsy results, but the preliminary results from his bone marrow biopsy last Wednesday showed no additional malignant cells! This is the prayerful and hopeful expected outcome after phase 1. Chase is now undergoing phase 2 which consists of two 4-week chemo cycles. Again, thank you for your prayers; we ask for your continued prayers for confirmation of remission from Johns Hopkins, continued success with the treatments, and Chase's comfort through the next cycle of chemo, which may be more difficult than phase 1.
- John and Emmanuel Trammel: Please be in prayer for John and Emmanuel Trammel as they prepare for their first Hope Worldwide Volunteer Service trip to prayers. The trip is December 16-28. If you would like to donate, please contact John or Jessica Trammel (firstname.lastname@example.org). More importantly, thank you for your prayers.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:8" Please remember that contribution can be submitted online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give or via mail. Send all mailed contributions to: The Charlotte Church 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275 Charlotte, NC 28203. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget (2023)....................................................$23,000.00
- September Weekly Average...........................................$17,666.01
- October Weekly Average................................................$16,135.77
- November Weekly Average (to date)..............................$9,766.10
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2023.......................$69,623.08
- Upcoming Special Services - SAVE THE DATE:
- Leader’s Celebration Dinner: All Church Leaders and their children are invited to a dinner in the church gym on Saturday, December 2nd from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Look for Sign Up Genius coming soon to your email so you may RSVP.
- Mom Connection: Hello Moms! Please come out and join us for a morning of fellowship over age-appropriate arts and crafts for your little ones. Invite your friends and try to connect with a mom you don't already know. We are looking forward to seeing you there! Also, we are looking for volunteers to help set up and clean up afterwards. If you can help, please send an email to Rachel Arrington at Rjenkins0725@gmail.com.
- Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 10 A.M. - Noon
- Location: The Charlotte Church (fellowship hall)
- Operation Christmas Child: The Middle School Ministry will be collecting various items for an organization called Operation Christmas Child. Operation Christmas Child delivers great joy and the good news of Jesus Christ to children in need around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes. We are asking the church to donate items such as school supplies, small toys, and hygiene products (toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, lotion etc.) Be on the lookout for a large donation box near the front of the church. Collections will take place on Nov. 5 & Nov. 12!
- Thanksgiving Friendsgiving Family Fun and Dessert Cook-off: Teens (and families) will join the fun family event hosted by the Marrieds Ministry on November 18th from 3-5pm in the gym. This event is for couples AND their children! Please see the Married's Ministry announcement and signup genius below for more details about the family fun activities, as well as, requested items to sign up to bring. From 5-6:15pm, teens only will go to the fellowship hall for a few separate activities. Regarding the dessert cook-off, this is for the teens to show off their baking skills. The dessert must be made/cooked by the teen. The judges will decide the winner and who goes home with the prize.
- Christmas Party: Mark your calendars!! That special time of the year, when the experience of a holly, jolly good time is in the air, is upon us. Teen Family, what better way to spend this special time than with special people like you. Join us for food, fun, games, gift exchange and fellowship at the Teen's Christmas Party on Sunday, December 10th, from 12 noon-3pm. More details will come in the following week, therefore, keep your eyes out on the lookout for the flyer and the signup genius.
- Holidays @the Swamp (H@TS): Can you believe it, it's almost time to say farewell to 2023 and welcome 2024. Let's welcome in the new year by strengthening old relationships and building new ones. What better way to do that than at H@TS, December 29, 2023-January 1, 2024. Go to the link for more details: Camp Swamp | Retreat Registration
- Marrieds Friendsgiving Family Fun: Please join us for a fun family event hosted by the Marrieds Ministry. Our final event for 2023 will be November 18th from 3-6pm in the gym. This event is for couples AND their children! Get ready for family fun and fellowship! Get ready for hula hooping, jump rope, crafts and more.
Care & Compassion:
- Holiday Brunch: The Senior Agape Group of the Care and Compassion Ministry will be hosting a Holiday Brunch after church on Sunday, December 3 from 12:00-2:30 pm in the Church Fellowship Hall. (55+) There will be live holiday performances by our own Melissa Cole, Vincent Black, Jazmyn Ruby, and Marino & Nyanga Rajaonarivelo. Deadline to sign up is November 25, this will give us an accurate account of how many people will be in attendance for our “Holiday Brunch”. Please sign up on our Holiday Sign-Up Genius Brunch Link, use the QR Code, or see Stephanie Dixon to sign up. Please come out to fellowship, enjoy the holiday brunch, and bring a friend. 😊🙏🏽!
- When: Sunday, December 3 from 12-2:30pm- please come downstairs immediately after church!
- Where: Church Fellowship Hall
- Sign Up Link: https://tinyurl.com/mrxetm39
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- QR Code:
- 2023 Can and Non-Perishable Dry Goods Drive: Some of our neighbors are experiencing food insecurity due to a lack of resources and rising inflation. Here is an opportunity for you and your network to make a difference. This drive starts today and ends on Sunday Nov 19th. Please bring all collected food and non-perishable items to service on the 19th and place them in the U-Haul truck that will be located in the parking lot. All items collected will be donated the Monday before Thanksgiving to The Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry located on Airport Drive. This pantry serves our neighbors that live in the West corridor. For questions, contact Mike Dames at email@example.com.
- Holiday Gift Card Program: We will be running our holiday gift card program again this year. If you would like to donate a gift card, which will be given to an individual or family in the church, that is in need, starting November 12, you can stop by the HOPE table in lobby. All cards must be received by December 3th. The cards can be for places like grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. If you have any questions, please stop by the HOPE table after service or contact Hazel Jones firstname.lastname@example.org or Anne Dames email@example.com.
- HOPE Disaster Plan: We want every member to protect yourself and your loved ones, please take a moment to look at this PPT Presentation that has been provided by HOPE world wide's Disaster Team. It's simple and practical. In the event of an emergency, having a plan that you've discussed with the members of your household could make a big difference in reducing unnecessary loss of life.
- If you have any questions contact Mike Dames 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
- Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: email@example.com
- Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org