Announcements September 22, 2019
The Staff and Elders would like to announce that April Williams has accepted the position as the new Children's Ministry Leader. Based on her credentials, experience, and desire to serve the Lord in this capacity, she will be an incredible asset to the church in this role. Congratulations and a warm welcome to April as she joins the staff of The Charlotte Church!
The Design Team is looking for helpers to make easy decorations for Fall and Christmas. Most items can be taken home and completed on ones own time. If you can use scissors you're a perfect helper!! Please text Kim James at 704-345-5653
Daniel Loyd: Please pray for Daniel. He recently suffered a major stroke and is in the hospital. Daniel is Michelle Nieves' father.
Byron York: Please pray for Byron and his kidney stone procedure.
Elizabeth Pixley: Please pray for Elizabeth. Her heart is not strong enough to support a pump device. Her best bet right now is to get on the heart transplant list. She's in the cardiac ICU at CMC Main (Rm 9203). Her new number is 704-446-3462. If anyone calls, please do not ask many questions. She's still trying to process the situation, is weak and just needs some encouragement. Visitors are allowed, but please call and make sure she is up for it first. Please ask everyone to pray for her comfort (physical and emotional) and for peace. Also pray for the medical team that is caring for her needs. Elizabeth is Tammica Dowd's Mom
UPCOMING EVENT REMINDERS:
HOPE Announcements for Sunday September 15, 2019
1. Second Harvest Food Bank: We need volunteers to serve at the Second Harvest Food Bank on Saturday, September 21st from 8:45am-12pm. This helps Second Harvest distribute food to those in need faster and helps us to self-fund the Ashley Park Food Pantry. This activity is for adults and children ages 13 and older. Volunteers help inspect and sort items in the Charlotte warehouse that will get boxed and distributed to their partner agencies. To signup contact firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E4DA8AB22A46-second2
2. DORIAN Disaster Relief Update: Numerous people around the world are asking how they can help. At this time, please DO NOT send supplies without a specific request from HOPE worldwide. The best way to help right now is to contribute to the HOPE worldwide Global Disaster Response fund. We will work closely with the local churches to coordinate the financial needs. DONATE NOW
3. We need volunteers to serve and have a meal with the men at the Charlotte Rescue Mission on Sat October 5, 2019 (4pm-6PM). If you are willing and able please contact James Wi-Afedzi , 225-907-9910 or email@example.com You must register in advance in order to serve for this project.
MS/TEEN Parent Midweek
Wednesday Sept 25th at 7:00pm is the Parent Midweek for parents of middle schoolers and teens. Parents will share how to encourage and include those with special needs. The parents will meet in the fellowship hall.
There will be a financial workshop, "God and Money" on Saturday, September 28 from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the fellowship hall. Lunch will be provided. This event is open to the public. Childcare will not be provided. Please R.S.V.P. by 9/23 at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Members Lunch
Welcome new faces! If you are new to the church, the staff and elders would like to invite you to lunch October 20th in the fellowship hall. Please mark your calendars. More details to come.
CONFERENCES & RETREATS:
M3OG- Married Men Spiritual Retreat!
Calling all Married Men...."Lordship"!
What does it mean to you?
Mighty Married Men Of God. We would like to invite all our Brothers & Friends from the Carolina churches to add this to your calendars and get prepared for a life impacting weekend!! Even experience highland style field games of strength & strategy! Kilts are welcomed!!
Dates: Oct 25-26 (*Fri Night is optional)
1 N- (Sat) $45 (Tent/Hammock) or $55 (Bunk Cabins)
2 N- (F/S) $60 (tent/hammock) or $80 ( bunk Cabins)
Where: Camp Walter Johnson, Denton NC
Updated Registration Link: https://mmogcharlotte.photobiz.com/form/m3og-2-married-men-retreat
Event Contact: Tim Kirk email@example.com
2020 WORLD DISCIPLESHIP SUMMIT
Join disciples from around the world sharing God's vision to bring the love of Jesus to as many as possible.
Thursday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 5th, 2020
Our church services can be translated in Spanish. Translation is in the balcony. Ask for Bernardo or Minerva Caceres to receive headphones.
ONLINE GIVING NOW AVAILABLE
Online giving is now available by visiting the church website at www.thecharlottechurch.org, and then clicking Give. Please note that while giving by credit card is an option, the fees the church pays are lower for bank account transfers (ACH). If you have questions or run into problems with the tool, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 25....................................................$10,045.25
- September 1 ...............................................$23,086.20
- September 8................................................$33,987.55
- September 15..............................................$22,907.70
Missions Contribution Collected for 2019 .........$29,388.24
ANNOUNCEMENTS-VERBAL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday)email@example.com
ANNOUNCEMENTS-EMAIL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday)Announcements@thecharlottechurch.org
BENEVOLENCE(704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
CONTACT INFORMATION-send your updates firstname.lastname@example.org