Announcements for the Week of May 16th
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget........................................................$22,000.00
- May 2nd...................................................................$23,784.31
- May 9th....................................................................$12,680.98
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ...............$38,883.63
- Lilly Tran (Update): Lilly was hospitalized at Novant for a few days last week for observation and treatment. She was discharged on Monday (05/10/21) to the home of her caregiver, and is no longer at Royal Park Rehab. Pray that Lilly has a smooth transition to home care and therapies, and that she continues to improve in her walking and overall mobility. Cards of encouragement may be sent to: Lilly Tran C/O Ms Brenda Collins: PO Box 481483 Charlotte, NC 28269
- Joyce Jones: Please keep the Jones family in prayer, as one of their sweetest family members, Norma O'brien, who lives in Belize, passed away recently due to lung cancer. Norma is the 1st niece of Joyce Jones.
- Indoor Worship Service: The Charlotte Church will be conducting indoor worship services on Sunday June 6, 2021 and Sunday June 13, 2021 beginning at 10:00am. Please see the links below for sign up. Signup is limited to 150 people (including children of all ages). If you have any questions/concerns contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Renovations!: We will begin renovations on our Children's Ministry classrooms and choir room at the end of the month. We are excited to transform these areas and look forward to you all seeing the changes soon.
- Take the Emotional Intelligence 2.0 appraisal - assessment is imperative!
- Life without EQ
- What is EQ?
- Master Your Mind
- The Cost of Repressing Emotions
- God, Emotions and Emotional Intelligence
- The Bible on the Four Core EQ skills
- Build Your EQ skills - The Bible on Emotional Intelligence 2.0's 66 Strategies
- Time Line TherapyÃ‚Â® - Transforming our Neurology
- Three Requisites for Mind Changes and Soul Transformations
- Is There Anything Helpful Outside of God's Word?
- 2021 LEADERS MEETINGS (12-1:30): Our next leadership gathering will be on June 6th. We look forward to our time together. Zoom information for each meeting is below. Please note the information is different for the North Region meetings:
- All Together click here or use ID: 846 0104 8618 Passcode: 196212
- June 6: All Together
- July 11: *Regional
- August 1: All Together
- September 12: *Regional
- October 3: All Together
- November 7: *Regional
- December 5: All Together
- MMOG PARKING LOT BONFIRE DEVOTIONAL: Calling ALL MEN of all ages (yes, dad's you can bring your sons) to the 1st ever MMOG style Bonfire Talk in the Church Bldg. Parking Lot on NEW DATE: Friday June 4th at 7pm. Plans are to gather as many men/boys as possible together for fellowship/song/confession/prayer! Bring your friends and a chair. We also plan to canvas the neighborhood on Wednesday June 2nd between 6-7:30pm to invite all of the men in the area as well. Met at the church if you would like to help! Check out this great video: https://youtu.be/0VqHu4MnjIY
- MMOG Unique Service Opportunity: MOVED TO NEXT SATURDAY 5/22!!! Camp Walter Johnson needs our help! we will be headed out with our chainsaws to help clear land and cut down wood. If you are able to come out to assist, even if you don't have a chainsaw, For those who want to stay the night, we will be camping out overnight! contact Tim Kirk at 704-699-9653 for more details and to sign up.
- Parenting Series: It's not too late to join in the parenting series. Check your email for this month's video and discussion questions on the family value, Create a Rhythm, and join us for a Zoom discussion on Thursday, May 20th at 8:00pm. If you do not receive the email or have further questions, please contact April Williams at email@example.com.
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
• Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry has been operating from our parking lot on Mondays since August 2020 and has helped feed over 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. A cap has been placed on the number of volunteers because of COVID protocols so you must reserve your spot in advance. To volunteer, please contact Mike Dames at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Mike at 704-724-2362 or email@example.com
• Reconnect Singles Weekend:
Are you looking for ways to reconnect with God and in your relationships with one another? The Fayetteville Church Singles Ministry invites you to a Singles Weekend on June 4-June 6. Join singles from across the Southeast in worship and discussions about how to reconnect with God and one another. Click the link for more information and registration. https://www.thefayettevillechurch.org/event-details/reconnect-mind-body-soul-singles-weekend
• Drive In Movie: Calling all Charlotte Singles, neighbors, coworkers, family and friends! The Charlotte Singles Ministry is hosting a drive in movie in the church parking lot for a great time of fellowship and spring fun. We are going back to the drive in to go Back To The Future! Please RSVP on the Evite link by May, 12th so the appropriate amount of snacks and drinks can be provided. http://evite.me/khUD6pmtfH
• Upcoming Events: Please mark your calendars for the following virtual events in May. Even though we cannot be together in person, we can have some virtual fun, fellowship, and faith building time. Check the Singles Hangout/Events GroupMe and the Church calendar for more information.
o May 15th: Drive In Movie 7:00-10:00 PM
o May 25th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
• Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen)
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Office: email@example.com
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: email@example.com