Announcements for January 9, 2022
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Weekly Budget..........................................................$23,750.00
• January 2nd...............................................................$30,306.42
• Missions Contribution Collected for 2022 .................$130.00
- Congratulations to Cherise Ishman & Johnathan Martinez on their Engagement December 27th, 2021! Johnathan is a Disciple at the Lighthouse Church of Christ in California. Cherise & Johnathan will be married on June 11th, 2022, in California.
- ZOOM ONLY LEADERS' MEETINGS for 2022: NEW TIME: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- January 9, 2022
- February 6, 2022
- March 6, 2022
- April 3, 2022
- May 1, 2022
- June 5, 2022
- July 10, 2022
- August 14, 2022
- September 11, 2022
- October 2, 2022
- November 6, 2022
- December 4, 2022
- Zoom information:
- 2021 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2021 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing email@example.com. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
- Open Gym: Sunday January 23rd will be the start to our monthly open gym. We invite anyone who is in High School or older to join these times. This is a time meant for some competitive/friendly pickup basketball games. The time will be from 12:30pm - 3:30pm. If you plan on coming, please pack a lunch and bring your clothes to church. This open gym will start at 12:30pm moving forward in February the time could change, we will keep you posted
- Book Discussion Group: SISTERS: Let's be transformed from the inside out!!!! We can thrive spiritually only when we are healthy, mature, intelligent & "free" emotionally. Join us for a free 6-week discussion on "Spiritual Transformation: Emotional Intelligence and Freedom" beginning Saturday, January 22nd!!!! Register here: www.cresendajones.com
- New Christian Class: If you were baptized in 2021 this is for you. We are starting a new Christians class on Sunday January 16th that will run for 6 weeks once a week for an hour from 5:00-6:00pm via Zoom.
- Please sign up HERE for your weekly spot. We are looking forward to seeing you there all six weeks!
- Ministry Serving Opportunities- "The harvest field is plentiful, but the workers are few"-Jesus (Luke 10:1-3) We are underway of beginning our bi-monthly Street Corners Ministry Service and we could use more servants that would be able to join in!! You do not have to commit to every Saturday, but maybe you can do one per month? Will be 1st & 3rd Saturdays monthly with Jan 15th (10am-3pm) being the next day and rotation start. We will be providing the love of Jesus Christ in different ways including Hot Showers & Laundry service for our neighbors of the street with our Hope Vibes inc partners, lunches of some sort, group Bible teachings, Prayer ministry & much needed Fellowship! (Matt 22:1-10) Sign up not only to Serve, but also to receive our Newsletters, Schedule updates, spontaneous urgent needs that arise and all info needed, at: https://www.mmogministries.org/form/servant-sign-up-form We also will need on-going monetary support as we are getting started! For info on how you can become financial support partners; email firstname.lastname@example.org Or contact; Tim Kirk, 704-699-9653 or Anthony Famularo 704-968-1645
- Event Dates:
- MMOG XIII; Father/Son Campout Retreat: Get in Your Calendars Now!!!
- Date: April 8-10
- Where: Camp Walter Johnson
- Who: 5th-12th gr, Dads & Your Friends!!
- Cost: TBA Registration; Opening Soon
- M3OG; Mighty Married Men: All Married Men, All Ages, Kids or no Kids!
- Date: Oct 7-9th
- Details & Full Info: TBA
- Where: TBA
- The Children's Ministry needs your help for our new February-July rotation. We are needing teachers to serve on Team A (Feb, Apr, June) or Team B (Mar, May, Jul). We will be able to have classes open as we have teachers to serve. Please consider joining in our mission to cultivate children's love for God and click here to serve!
- HOPE 2021 Coat-Gloves-Hat-Sock Drive - It's not too late. We are collecting new and clean used items for children and adults through Sunday January 2, 2022. Please place your donations in the HOPE barrels that will be located in the main lobby and at the Kids Kingdom counter. All items collected will be donated to the Crisis Assistance Free Store to be distributed to neighbors in need.
- This year's MLK Day of Service will be held on Monday, January 17th from 10:00AM - 1:00PM, at the Charlotte Church Building, 2200 Ashley Road. The doors will open at 9:30AM. It is an opportunity to serve our community to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This year we will have the opportunity to participate in service projects conducted at the church building that meet the needs of neighbors in our community. Please click on this link for details on the projects and to sign up. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e4da8ab22a46-2022
- Loaves & Fishes: We will resume service on January 10, 2022. The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry has been operating from our parking lot on Mondays. since August 2020 and has helped feed over 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. A cap has been placed on the number of volunteers because of COVID protocols so you must reserve your spot in advance. To volunteer, please contact Mike Dames at email@example.com.
- For questions, please contact Mike at 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
• Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen)
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org