Announcements for September 27,2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- September 6th..........................................................$21,891.19
- September 13th........................................................$16,590.00
- September 20th........................................................$23,368.67
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$59,787.88
- Carrielynn Utley: Please pray for Brad, Carrielynn, and their family as Carrielynn's mom recently passed away. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: 13824 Connell Green Drive Charlotte, NC 28213
- DiAndre Arrington: Please pray for DiAndre Arrington's mother Vonya Arrington. She has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and is currently dependent on a ventilator which makes her too weak to receive chemo at this time. Pray for her to be able to breathe on her own and to regain the strength needed to receive treatment.
- Paulette Sifford: Please pray for Paulette Sifford's sister-in-law, Vivian Richardson. She has been diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer which has metastasized to her lungs. Vivian and her husband, Calvin live in Lithonia, GA.
- Andre Nowlin: Andre Nowlin's brother, Leon, of Indianapolis, IN, died Saturday, September 12 of a heart attack. He was 58. His funeral is planned for Friday, September 25th. The funeral for Leon M. Nowlin, Sr., Andre Nowlin's brother, is Friday, September 25th at 11:00 AM @ Hope Worship Center COGIC, 6851 N. Michigan Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46268. In lieu of flowers donate to: LEON M. NOWLIN, SR. S.T.E.M. MEMORIAL FUND
- Denise Brown: Please pray for Denise Brown and her family as her father, Johnny Brown, recently passed away in Rock Hill, SC.
Church Wide Notifications:
- All NC Women's Midweek 9/30 7pm: Contentment In Christ will be the theme for our Women's midweek! It will be accessible on YouTube. You can access the link via our church website (www.thecharlottechurch.org) or via the church YouTube page. The premier will begin promptly at 7pm on 09/30/2020. This is a great chance to invite your friends to sit on the porch for a cup of hot chocolate and watch together.
- Help Save Swamp: Camp Swamp has become a "second home" and "a safe place to be yourself" for thousands of campers for over two and a half decades. We would like this to be the case for many more decades to come. However, the COVID-19 situation has, for the first time in its history, put the Swamp at risk of staying open. Guided by prudence and adhering to Georgia regulations, closing camp for the 2020 Summer Camp Season made a huge impact on our kids and the Swamp's finances. Thanks to some quick planning, hard work and the Spirit's influence, Swamp Virtual Camp provided a spiritual and relational in-the-gap experience for our kids; now it is on to the financial side of things. While each month we hold out hope that the front gate can open, it seems prudence and Georgia regulations will not safely allow it. The result is a 79% loss of our annual operating revenue, which has put Swamp finances in a state where we will soon run out of money with no substantial revenue until March of 2021 when summer camp registration is in full swing. Please click the link for further information and instructions!!!! HELP SAVE the SWAMP
- Stronger Virtual Conference: The Stronger Conference previously planned as part of Vision 2020 is being turned into a global Virtual Conference! While we work on getting registration created, we created this teaser video to let people know it's coming and to "save the date". This will be a true "virtual conference" with a live General session , live breakout classes and speakers, along with opportunities for "speed fellow shipping" and sponsor expo. More information and the registration will be shared soon. Stronger Virtual Conference Teaser Video
Youth & Family:
- Parent Midweek: MS/Teen Parent Midweek on Thursday Oct 1st at 7:15pm. We will have a follow up lesson and discussion from the Parenting Godly Children Sunday Service. Bring your teen and middle schooler for the first 10 minutes! ZOOM Meeting ID: 839 2020 0489 and Passcode: 487786
- Swamp Virtual Camp: Swamp Virtual Camp is coming up. Cost is $45.00. The platform is Hopin. Join students from all over the Southeastern USA and internationally. Times for the campers: Friday 7-10pm, Sat 9-1pm, Sunday 9-11pm. Link to register: https://www.campswamp.com/youthcamp/registration/retreats/
- Middle School Retreat: Oct 16-18, 2020 (deadline to register Oct 9th)
- Teen Retreat: Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 (deadline to register Oct 23rd)
- They are in need of counselors. Counselors need to be available for the entire weekend. Here is the link for counselors https://www.campswamp.com/virtualcamp/#regsteps No cost to counselors. They will need a background check.
- Singles Midweek Prayer Night 9/29 7pm: The singles will be meeting on Zoom at 7pm for a night of prayer. Meeting ID: 889 6477 1397 Passcode: 391606
Care & Compassion:
- Senior Agape Program: The Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry continues to invite the entire church (groups, members, families and kids) to participate in our monthly "Acts of Love" event by writing letters and/or cards to the residents at the Anita Stroud Living Center (where Ms. Pat & Ms. Dee reside). The letters and cards of encouragement we received last month really made the residents feel very special. Please continue to support our ministry by continuing to send letters and cards to the church. Once you have written a letter/ card, enclose it in an envelope address it with "Dear Resident". Place the letter/card into another envelope and send it to Care and Compassion Ministry c/o The Charlotte Church at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203. Thank you all so much for your continued participation and support.
- HOPE Facebook Group: While we continue to meet virtually, we would like to encourage you all to follow our chapter HOPE Charlotte on Facebook. With the increased demand for assistance in our communities due to COVID, this will enable you to stay informed regarding future service projects that we will schedule. It's simple.
- a. go to Facebook.
- b. Do a search for HOPE Charlotte and
- c. request to join the group.
- Also we will post HOPE announcements on the Church's Facebook page. Or you can contact me directly.
- Loaves & Fishes: We have had a partnership with Loaves & Fishes food pantry located off Billy Graham PKWY that serves our neighbors in the West Corridor for several years now. Due to the increased demand of families in need of food, they began to meet those needs by distributing food from their mobile food pantry. We've reach an agreement with them that will allow them to meet this need from our parking lot located at 2200 Ashley Rd Charlotte every Monday from 1:30 PM until 3PM indefinitely. We are in need of volunteers to assist them in distributing food boxes. You must contact me to reserve a slot for this project to ensure we can maintain the CDC guidelines. If you are interested please contact Mike Dames: email@example.com or 704-724-2362. Please wear your HOPE T-shirt when you serve. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. If you have additional questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-724-2362
- MMOG/M3OG EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Calling ALL MMOG/ M3OG Current & Past attendees, it is time to take MMOG to a whole new level and put the past 10 years of what we have been talking about, teaching about, all the battle-game devos, Bon-Fire talks, tears and confessions into practice! Due to Covid, we had to postpone our events to October 3rd. Well, the event is on, but in a whole new way! ALL MMOG/M3OG participants, past & present and this time even the Moms, Spouses, Sisters & Daughters to join us on the same planned, scheduled weekend......OCTOBER 3rd & 4th!! Also, OPEN TO ALL WHO WANT TO SERVE!!
- Basic details now, 10/3; Meet uptown Clt AT 8 am, dispatch in small groups, gather at main tent area to serve lunch, supplies distribution & small worship Devo! (Following All Covid Guidelines)
- Now for the Celebration! After the service day, we are planning to have a gathering of ALL MEN/SONS at Camp Walter Johnson for a Saturday night camp out!! No Cabins, no cafeteria, just all out camping and cooking our own food (To be provided). gather for fellowship, have some small battle-games (bring your swords!), our MMOG Bon-Fire time and then have a great worship time Sunday morning.
- MMOG 2020 SERVICE EVENT & CAMPOUT DATE; 10/3-10/4 Sign Up Deadline; 9/20 To Register &/or Donate Registration Fees; "Availability & Skills" form to RSVP & Approve fees https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/form/availability-skills-missions-rsvp
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org