Announcements for September 20,2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- September 6th..........................................................$21,891.19
- September 13th........................................................$16,590.00
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$58,289.88
- Andre Nowlin: Andre Nowlin's brother, Leon, of Indianapolis, IN, died Saturday, September 12 of a heart attack. He was 58. His funeral is planned for Friday, September 25th. The funeral for Leon M. Nowlin, Sr., Andre Nowlin's brother, is Friday, September 25th at 11:00 AM @ Hope Worship Center COGIC, 6851 N. Michigan Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46268. In lieu of flowers donate to: LEON M. NOWLIN, SR. S.T.E.M. MEMORIAL FUND
- Denise Brown: Please pray for Denise Brown and her family as her father, Johnny Brown, recently passed away in Rock Hill, SC.
Church Wide Notifications:
- Outdoor Devotional Service: The Charlotte Church will be hosting an Outdoor Devotional service on Sunday October 4, 2020 beginning at 9:45am. Please see the link below for sign up. Signup is limited to 100 people (including children of all ages). Deadline to sign up is 09/23/2020. If you have any questions/concerns contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stronger Virtual Conference: The Stronger Conference previously planned as part of Vision 2020 is being turned into a global Virtual Conference! While we work on getting registration created, we created this teaser video to let people know it's coming and to "save the date". This will be a true "virtual conference" with a live General session , live breakout classes and speakers, along with opportunities for "speed fellow shipping" and sponsor expo. More information and the registration will be shared soon.
- Stronger Virtual Conference Teaser Video
- Baby Registry for Jing Ai: Jing Ai and Steve Barklow are expecting a baby girl in October! If you would like to shower them with a gift, go to their Amazon gift registry link below. Jing and Steve are part of the Matthews family group https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/jing-ai-october-2020-waxhaw/1VWFK2PST265H
- All NC Women's Midweek: Save the date! On September 30th at 7:00pm we will be having an all NC Women's midweek service on YouTube! You can access the YouTube link via our church website (www.thecharlottechurch.org) or via the church YouTube page. The premier will begin promptly at 7pm on 09/30/2020.
- LEADERS MEETING SEPTEMBER 20, 12-1:30 : The staff spent 3 days praying through the feedback from the Power of One survey results and the input shared by family group leaders. One thing shared multiple times was the desire for more opportunities for leaders to ask questions. As a result, we will be having a leaders meeting on September 20 from 12-1:30 via zoom to share with you some of our take aways from the time together and give you time to ask questions on the needs in your group. Zoom Meeting: 879 9381 6331. Passcode: Luke18:1
- Family Group Sunday: On Sunday September 20th we will have Family Group Sunday service(Zoom). There will not be a Youtube video service that day. Also, there will be a leaders meeting on that day, September 20th from 12-1:30pm.
Youth & Family:
- Swamp Virtual Camp: Swamp Virtual Camp is coming up. Cost is $45.00. The platform is Hopin. Join students from all over the Southeastern USA and internationally. Times for the campers: Friday 7-10pm, Sat 9-1pm, Sunday 9-11pm. Link to register: https://www.campswamp.com/youthcamp/registration/retreats/
- Middle School Retreat: Oct 16-18, 2020 (deadline to register Oct 9th)
- Teen Retreat: Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 (deadline to register Oct 23rd)
- They are in need of counselors. Counselors need to be available for the entire weekend. Here is the link for counselors https://www.campswamp.com/virtualcamp/#regsteps No cost to counselors. They will need a background check.
Care & Compassion:
- Senior Agape Program: The Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry continues to invite the entire church (groups, members, families and kids) to participate in our monthly "Acts of Love" event by writing letters and/or cards to the residents at the Anita Stroud Living Center (where Ms. Pat & Ms. Dee reside). The letters and cards of encouragement we received last month really made the residents feel very special. Please continue to support our ministry by continuing to send letters and cards to the church. Once you have written a letter/ card, enclose it in an envelope address it with "Dear Resident". Place the letter/card into another envelope and send it to Care and Compassion Ministry c/o The Charlotte Church at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203. Thank you all so much for your continued participation and support.
- HOPE Facebook Group: While we continue to meet virtually, we would like to encourage you all to follow our chapter HOPE Charlotte on Facebook. With the increased demand for assistance in our communities due to COVID, this will enable you to stay informed regarding future service projects that we will schedule. It's simple. go to Facebook, Do a search for HOPE Charlotte and request to join the group.
- Loaves & Fishes: We have had a partnership with Loaves & Fishes food pantry located off Billy Graham PKWY that serves our neighbors in the West Corridor for several years now. Due to the increased demand of families in need of food, they began to meet those needs by distributing food from their mobile food pantry. We've reach an agreement with them that will allow them to meet this need from our parking lot located at 2200 Ashley Rd Charlotte every Monday from 1:30 PM until 3PM indefinitely. We are in need of volunteers to assist them in distributing food boxes. You must contact me to reserve a slot for this project to ensure we can maintain the CDC guidelines. If you are interested please contact Mike Dames: email@example.com or 704-724-2362. Please wear your HOPE T-shirt when you serve.
- MMOG/M3OG EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Calling ALL MMOG/ M3OG Current & Past attendees, it is time to take MMOG to a whole new level and put the past 10 years of what we have been talking about, teaching about, all the battle-game devos, Bon-Fire talks, tears and confessions into practice! Due to Covid, we had to postpone our events to October 3rd. Well, the event is on, but in a whole new way! ALL MMOG/M3OG participants, past & present and this time even the Moms, Spouses, Sisters & Daughters to join us on the same planned, scheduled weekend......OCTOBER 3rd & 4th!! Also, OPEN TO ALL WHO WANT TO SERVE!!
- Basic details now, 10/3; Meet uptown Clt AT 8 am, dispatch in small groups, gather at main tent area to serve lunch, supplies distribution & small worship Devo! (Following All Covid Guidelines)
- Now for the Celebration! After the service day, we are planning to have a gathering of ALL MEN/SONS at Camp Walter Johnson for a Saturday night camp out!! No Cabins, no cafeteria, just all out camping and cooking our own food (To be provided). gather for fellowship, have some small battle-games (bring your swords!), our MMOG Bon-Fire time and then have a great worship time Sunday morning.
- MMOG 2020 SERVICE EVENT & CAMPOUT DATE; 10/3-10/4 Sign Up Deadline; 9/20 To Register &/or Donate Registration Fees; "Availability & Skills" form to RSVP & Approve fees https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/form/availability-skills-missions-rsvp
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): email@example.com
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org