Announcements for October 25, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- October 4th...............................................................$24,600.92
- October 11th.............................................................$25,184.95
- October 18th.............................................................$23,710.80
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$65,060.88
- Martin Peele: Please pray for Martin as he recently had a right total hip replacement. Martin is currently recuperating at a health and rehab facility and is doing well. Pray that he continues to heal well and that no complication arise.
- Tony Scott: Please pray for Tony Scott and his family. His 98 year old mom, Ms. Sadie Scott passed recently. The body will be held by Crawford Funeral in Lancaster, SC Cards may be mailed to the Scott family at: 523 Amhurst St., Concord, NC 28025
- DiAndre Arrington: DiAndre and Family would like to thank the Charlotte Church for all of the encouraging cards, phone calls and support surrounding the recent loss of his mother. All of your prayers have been felt and heard. Thank you so much!
- Thomas Hickman: To my wonderful Charlotte, NC family. I would just like to add to what my Sister-In-Law Renita Johnson mentioned in last week's announcements a big THANK YOU to you all for the many prayers and condolences for my husband Thomas G. Hickman Jr. We always felt the love whenever we were blessed to visit the church here in Charlotte or even just reading encouraging posts on Facebook. Your love and support has meant the world to me! Love you all for life and with the love of the Lord! God Bless! Veronica Hickman
Church Wide Notifications:
- Baby Hansen: Trevor and Eleanor Hansen welcomed Baby Luke on October 22nd. Both baby and mom are doing well. If you would like to serve the Hansen Family while they are adjusting to being a family of 4, please sign up to arrange dinner for them in the coming weeks. In light of the pandemic and many food restrictions, we are asking that as much as possible, meals are ordered and delivered to them. They also welcome gift cards for dinners. Please take note of the listed food restrictions for ordering and thank you for serving! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DA8A622ABF58-luke
- ABS Program Employment Opportunity: The Above and Beyond School program (ABS) is currently looking for additional staff to assist in monitoring the students during their remote learning sessions at the church building. Carmen (ABS director) is currently looking to hire 3-4 additional staff members that would work onsite from 7:30AM – 4:00PM Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The pay is $15.00 per hour and they do not have to be a teacher to be employed. The staff member’s primary duty would be to monitor the children while they are participating in remote learning with their teachers. Each applicant must pass a background check. Applicants should send their resume directly to Carmen Blackmon at CBlackmon@aboveandbeyondstudents.com, please let her know that you were referred by Melissa Cole of the Charlotte Church. She is looking to start new employees as early as next week.
- Virtual Leaders Meeting & Lunch: There will be a leaders meeting & lunch on Sunday November 1 from 12-1:30. Please see the evite for important information on how we'll make this VIRTUAL event happen.
- New Members Welcome: Please join the Elders and Ministry Staff for a drive-by/ drop-in welcome for our newest members of the Charlotte Church on November 8, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM . Because of necessary social restrictions due to the pandemic, we will host a meet and greet in the church parking lot for all those who have moved in, been restored, or have been baptized in 2020. You and your family are invited to drive by the church parking lot, where you will be introduced to and greeted by the staff and the elders with their wives, and be given a small gift of appreciation to welcome you to the Charlotte Church. Stay in your car to say hello, or feel free to park your car and stay awhile, as appropriate social distancing and face coverings will be observed at this gathering. An Evite will be sent out to the new members of 2020. Please RSVP to Bonnie Fisher at email@example.com if you will be attending. We look forward to meeting you!
Children's Ministry: Chil Min Corner - Find us on the church website to:
watch Orange curriculum videos
- keep updated on what's happening in the children's ministry
- get spiritual resources
- Check it out this week to learn Hebrew words every parent should know!
- Click HERE!
Our Annual Thanksgiving Canned Goods and Non-Perishable Food Drive will begin today. It will end with you dropping off your donations at our church building located at 2200 Ashley Rd in Charlotte on Saturday Nov 14th from (9AM-noon). We’re asking you to be creative and ask your village to participate in this drive. The need is greater than ever this year due to the pandemic. All donations collected will be donated to Loaves and Fishes to augment and support the mobile food pantry.
- We are excited to announce a new partnership with Above & Beyond Students. This partnership will create a learning center and afterschool program that will operate out of our building. Above & Beyond Students has 20 years of experience and will serve students in grades (k-5) from Ashley Park Elementary and Westerly Hills Academy by referral. We look for them to be up and running by the end of October early November timeframe. There will be employment and volunteer opportunities for members of the congregation.
- The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot on Monday’s since August and has helped feed 824 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer you must contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID.
- Please be in prayer for all of these new projects. If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer for any of our projects please contact me directly at email@example.com.
MMOG Tent City Missions: Gearing up for the colder months is much harder for our tent city neighbors than ever before!
- New Wish List; Still Need Tents, sleeping bags, blankets and now adding warm clothing items such as coats, hats, scarves, gloves, socks and even boots! Men’s and women’s of all sizes need it! If you have any old items that you would like to donate instead of money donations, we will even come and pick them up!
- Contact; Tim Kirk 704-699-9653 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: email@example.com
- Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org