Announcements for October 19, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- October 4th...............................................................$24,600.92
- October 11th.............................................................$25,184.95
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$64,444.88
- Tony Scott: Please pray for Tony Scott and his family. His 98 year old mom, Ms. Sadie Scott passed recently. The body will be held by Crawford Funeral in Lancaster, SC Cards may be mailed to the Scott family at: 523 Amhurst St., Concord, NC 28025
- Lily Tran: Please continue to pray for our sister, Lily Trann. She was discharged from the hospital to her home late Tuesday afternoon in her brother's (Peter Trann) care. Presumably, she will continue chemotherapy on an outpatient basis. As far as we know at this time, there are no specific needs other than prayer, and encouraging calls/text messages. Lily is eager to hear from friends/family. However, due to residual memory deficits, she may not remember you right away, or things that happened in the immediate past. Cards can be sent to: Lily Trann, 6310 Kee Lane, Harrisburg, NC 28075-7438.
- Chris Wilson: Marjorie Loew, the mother of Lisa Wilson and grandmother of Chris Wilson, recently passed away. Lisa's father and Chris' grandfather, Jack Loew, also passed away earlier this year. Please pray for strength and comfort for the family.
- DiAndre Arrington: Please continue to pray for DiAndre Arrington as his mom Vonya Arrington passed away on 10/3/2020. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: 1300 Manchester Lane Charlotte, NC 28227
- LaTia Edwards: On Saturday, October 10, LaTia Edwards was baptized into Christ. Welcome to the family of God, LaTia!
Church Wide Notifications:
- Virtual Leaders Meeting & Lunch: There will be a leaders meeting & lunch on Sunday November 1 from 12-1:30. Please see the evite for important information on how we'll make this VIRTUAL event happen.
- New Members Welcome: Please join the Elders and Ministry Staff for a drive-by/ drop-in welcome for our newest members of the Charlotte Church on November 8, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM . Because of necessary social restrictions due to the pandemic, we will host a meet and greet in the church parking lot for all those who have moved in, been restored, or have been baptized in 2020. You and your family are invited to drive by the church parking lot, where you will be introduced to and greeted by the staff and the elders with their wives, and be given a small gift of appreciation to welcome you to the Charlotte Church. Stay in your car to say hello, or feel free to park your car and stay awhile, as appropriate social distancing and face coverings will be observed at this gathering. An Evite will be sent out to the new members of 2020. Please RSVP to Bonnie Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be attending. We look forward to meeting you!
- Urgent Need for Food/Supplies for Venezuelan Families & Friends of CLT Disciples: Continue to pray for those who are ill and/or suffering in Venezuela. They are in great need of:
- Medicine: (eg Aspirin, Tylenol, Ibuprofen) Oil (cooking) Rice, beans, tuna fish, Sugar
- Personal Items: Tooth paste/brushes , Soap, Sanitizer, Shampoo, and Deodorant
- You may contact David or Maribel to arrange a drop-off or pickup ((M) (803) 554-5599 or (D) (704) 606-7299)
- Women's Ministry: The Women's Service Team of our sister churches in the International Churches of Christ have begun a website WomenToday.International to provide greater resources for our sisterhood globally. This includes content many women can find in their first language. They would also like to share this invitation for a Meet & Greet for Widows : This invitation is for widows in our fellowship globally. We would like to invite you to our Online "Meet & Greet" on Saturday, October 17 for 90 minutes, so as to give more time to connect with one another. Because it's challenging to set up a time that fits everyone's time zone globally, we've decided to have TWO separate calls on the SAME DAY:
- Asia & Australia/Oceania: 10 AM London, UK time
- North & South America, Europe & Africa: 6 PM London, UK time (1pm EST)
- Join Zoom Meeting : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82610833153
- Meeting ID: 826 1083 3153
- You do not need to RSVP; just join on one of the calls that best suits you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions (email@example.com).
- Chil Min Corner
- Find us on the church website to:
- watch Orange curriculum videos
- keep updated on what’s happening in the children’s ministry
- get spiritual resources
Check it out this week to learn Hebrew words every parent should know!
- Singles Committee: ATTENTION ALL SINGLES-THIS ONE'S FOR YOU! The Singles Committee is putting out a survey to be completed by October 23rd to gather valuable information on how to meet the needs of Singles Ministry. Who is single? Several life stages make up our diverse singles ministry, a single may have never married, they may be divorced, some are widowed, others are in a dating relationship, and some are single parents. For this survey when we reference singles all of these life stages are included. Please use the link below. If you have any questions reach out to Carlston Mills. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual School Tools Drive: Thank you so much to everyone who supported our annual Schools Tools drive. Your generous donations will enhance the learning experience for many of the students from the neighborhoods surrounding our church building.
- Above & Beyond Partnership: We are excited to announce a new partnership with Above & Beyond Students. This partnership will create a learning center and afterschool program that will operate out of our building. Above & Beyond Students will serve students in grades (k-5) from Ashley Park Elementary and Westerly Hills Academy. We look for them to be up and running by the end of October early November timeframe. There will be volunteer opportunities for members of the congregation
- Annual Thanksgiving Canned Goods and Non-Perishable Food Drive: Our Annual Thanksgiving Canned Goods and Non-Perishable Food Drive will begin today. It will end with you dropping off your donations at our church building located at 2200 Ashley Rd in Charlotte on Saturday Nov 14th from (9AM-noon). We're asking you to be creative and ask your village to participate in this drive. The need is greater than ever this year due to the pandemic. All donations collected will be donated to Loaves and Fishes to augment and support the mobile food pantry
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry Partnership: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot since August has helped feed 824 families during this challenging time. Thank you to all of the volunteers that have continued to support this project
- Please be in prayer for all of these new projects. If you have any questions, or would like to volunteer for any of our projects please contact me directly at email@example.com.
- MMOG Tent City Missions: We, have had the opportunity to meet a pretty incredible couple that has fallen on extreme hard times due to Covid and we are working with them to get out of the tent city and into residence. Right now we have helped place them in a weekly hotel, but the funds will run out in about 2 weeks. Many of you that read this already gave to our tent city project that we had this past Pray for Karen & Jonathan
. Contact: Tim Kirk firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: email@example.com
- Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org