Announcements for October 11, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- October 4th...............................................................$24,600.92
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$61,975.88
- Chris Wilson: Marjorie Loew, the mother of Lisa Wilson and grandmother of Chris Wilson, recently passed away. Lisa's father and Chris' grandfather, Jack Loew, also passed away earlier this year. Please pray for strength and comfort for the family.
- DiAndre Arrington: Please continue to pray for DiAndre Arrington as his mom Vonya Arrington passed away last Saturday evening 10/3/2020. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: 1300 Manchester Lane Charlotte, NC 28227
- Lillie Tran: Our sister Lillie Tran has been admitted to the hospital. She has a mass growing in her brain. Lilly is unable to receive visitors at this time, but cards of encouragement are greatly appreciated. Please send all cards to:
- Ms. Lily Trann
- C/O Mrs. Willetta Collins Jones
- 8201 Forest Shadow Circle Cornelius, NC 28031
Church Wide Notifications:
- Women's Ministry: The Women's Service Team of our sister churches in the International Churches of Christ have begun a website WomenToday.International to provide greater resources for our sisterhood globally. This includes content many women can find in their first language. They would also like to share this invitation for a Meet & Greet for Widows : This invitation is for widows in our fellowship globally. We would like to invite you to our Online "Meet & Greet" on Saturday, October 17 for 90 minutes, so as to give more time to connect with one another. Because it's challenging to set up a time that fits everyone's time zone globally, we've decided to have TWO separate calls on the SAME DAY:
- Asia & Australia/Oceania: 10 AM London, UK time
- North & South America, Europe & Africa: 6 PM London, UK time (1pm EST)
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82610833153
- Meeting ID: 826 1083 3153
- You do not need to RSVP; just join on one of the calls that best suits you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions (email@example.com).
- Singles Committee: ATTENTION ALL SINGLES-THIS ONE'S FOR YOU! The Singles Committee is putting out a survey to be completed by October 23rd to gather valuable information on how to meet the needs of Singles Ministry. Who is single? Several life stages make up our diverse singles ministry, a single may have never married, they may be divorced, some are widowed, others are in a dating relationship, and some are single parents. For this survey when we reference singles all of these life stages are included. Please use the link below. If you have any questions reach out to Carlston Mills. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry Partnership: We will be distributing for from their mobile food pantry from our parking lot located at 2200 Ashley Rd Charlotte every Monday from 1:30 PM until 3PM indefinitely. We are in need of volunteers to assist them in distributing food boxes. You must contact me to reserve a slot for this project to ensure we can maintain the CDC guidelines. If you are interested please contact Mike Dames: email@example.com or 704-724-2362. Please wear your HOPE T-shirt when you serve.
- MMOG Tent City Missions: We, have had the opportunity to meet a pretty incredible couple that has fallen on extreme hard times due to Covid and we are working with them to get out of the tent city and into residence. Right now we have helped place them in a weekly hotel, but the funds will run out in about 2 weeks. Many of you that read this already gave to our tent city project that we had this past Saturday, but I am throwing out a plea and if you can find it on your heart to give $10, $20, $50 or more to help keep them in a hotel longer that would be absolutely fantastic. They are also both working very hard at regaining employment and even better yet, we will be looking at scriptures with them and showing them discipleship!! Pray for Karen & Jonathan
- Payment options:
- PayPal; https://www.paypal.me/MMOGministries
- Cashapp; $MMOGministries
- Google pay; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apple Pay; 704-699-9653
- Venmo; @MMOGministries
- Contact: Tim Kirk 704-699-9653
- Curriculum Resources: Click here for weekly resources.
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: email@example.com
- Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org