Announcements for November 8, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- November 1st...........................................................$22,302.06
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$70,182.88
- Kareema Gray: Please be praying for Kareema and her family as her father passed away last week. If you would like to send condolences, please send them to Kareema Gray at 3241 Ellingford Rd, Charlotte NC 28214
- Lilly Trann: Lilly Trann was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday (11/03), having been admitted on 10/30 for chemotherapy treatments. Please continue to pray for her tolerance of chemo and for her overall recovery.
- Georgina Sussewell: Please request God's comfort, strength, and healing as Georgina Sussewell's family mourns the loss of her sister-in-law, Andrea Haye-Lewis, who passed away yesterday, Wednesday morning, in Boston due to aggressive metastatic cancer. Also, Georgina is currently in Boston assisting her brother, Philip Lewis, who underwent open heart surgery (triple bypass) on Tuesday (10/27) to repair several blocked arteries. He is recovering well at home, she said, considering severe pain and other health issues. Cards of encouragement/sympathy may be sent to: Ken & Georgina Sussewell 14215 Citrus Court Huntersville, NC 28078-2375
- Byron York: Please pray for the York family for passing of Byrons mom, Gay (Allen) York. Cards of encouragement and condolences can be sent to: The York Family 1801 Dallas Avenue Charlotte, 28205
- Delores Whittington: Pray for my Delores Whittington as she recovers from surgery. Specific prayers that the chemo markers on her next CT scan have decreased, which means the surgery was a success.
Church Wide Notifications:
- Baby Avigail: Jing Ai and Steve Barklow are the proud new parents of a daughter, Avigail Qingyun Barcklow, born October 13, 2020 at 7:37 PM, and weighing in at 7 lbs and 20.5 inches long. The new family is doing well!
- Baby Canaan: Baby boy Canaan Arrington was born 10/29/20 at 12:56pm 7lbs and 19in. Rachel is doing great and the girls are over the moon in love with their new brother. God is good!
- New Members Welcome: Please join the Elders and Ministry Staff for a drive-by/ drop-in welcome for our newest members of the Charlotte Church on November 8, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM . Because of necessary social restrictions due to the pandemic, we will host a meet and greet in the church parking lot for all those who have moved in, been restored, or have been baptized in 2020. You and your family are invited to drive by the church parking lot, where you will be introduced to and greeted by the staff and the elders with their wives, and be given a small gift of appreciation to welcome you to the Charlotte Church. Stay in your car to say hello, or feel free to park your car and stay awhile, as appropriate social distancing and face coverings will be observed at this gathering. An Evite was sent out to the new members of 2020. Please RSVP to Bonnie Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be attending. We look forward to meeting you!
Care & Compassion
- Prayer Time: With the 2nd Sunday of the month upon us, the Care & Compassion invites you to pray with us. There are certainly many needs as many family members passed away recently and health issues have hit many. We also want to keep the Covid crisis and racial tensions on our radar.
- The Care and Compassion Ministry is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
- Time: 2-2:30pm on 8/9/2020
- Topic: Care and Compassion Ministry Prayer Time (Virtual)
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87143343899
- Meeting ID: 871 4334 3899
- Senior Agape Program: The Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry is encouraging everyone in the church to continue to show support and love to some of our area's congregates' living facilities that have experienced great isolation during these trying times. As we continue to support the Seniors at the Anita Stroud Living Center during November, we want the residents to know how thankful we are for them. Your letters and cards of encouragement really make them feel special. Please continue to participate by sending letters and cards to the church. Once you have written a letter or card, enclose it in an envelope and address it "Dear Resident" and then place that letter/ card into another envelope and address it to: The Charlotte Church: c/o the Care and Compassion Ministry at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Our Annual Thanksgiving Canned Goods and Non-Perishable Food Drive will begin today. It will end with you dropping off your donations at our church building located at 2200 Ashley Rd in Charlotte on Saturday Nov 14th from (9AM-noon). We're asking you to be creative and ask your village to participate in this drive. The need is greater than ever this year due to the pandemic. All donations collected will be donated to Loaves and Fishes to augment and support the mobile food pantry.
- We are excited to announce a new partnership with Above & Beyond Students. This partnership will create a learning center and afterschool program that will operate out of our building. Above & Beyond Students has 20 years of experience and will serve students in grades (k-5) from Ashley Park Elementary and Westerly Hills Academy by referral. We look for them to be up and running by the end of October early November timeframe. There will be employment and volunteer opportunities for members of the congregation.
- The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot on Monday's since August and has helped feed 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer you must contact me. email@example.com. A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): email@example.com
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Office: email@example.com
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org