Announcements for November 15, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- November 1st...........................................................$22,302.06
- November 8th...........................................................$21,185.60
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$71,433.88
- Alleyah Babel: Please pray for Alleyah Babel and family. She has been in the ICU with a tumor on her spine and has been undergoing radiation treatment. Please pray for her to regain full function in her arms and legs
- Elizabeth Pixley: Elizabeth Pixley was admitted to Atrium/University Hospital on Sunday 11/08. She's undergoing test for abdominal pain and general weaknesses. Please pray for her full recovery. Get well or encouragement cards may be sent to Elizabeth at 5945 Tuckaseegee Road, Apt 106, Charlotte NC 28208.
- Kareema Gray: Please be praying for Kareema and her family as her father passed away recently. If you would like to send condolences, please send them to Kareema Gray at 3241 Ellingford Rd, Charlotte NC 28214
- Lilly Trann: Lilly Trann was discharged from the hospital on Tuesday (11/03), having been admitted on 10/30 for chemotherapy treatments. Please continue to pray for her tolerance of chemo and for her overall recovery.
• Outdoor Kickball Game: The Y&F ministry will be hosting an outdoor KICKBALL game this Saturday (Nov 14th) at Freedom Park from 2:00-3:30pm. This is for all teens and middle schoolers. This is the first in-person event for the Y&F ministry and we want to ensure we take all precautions necessary. The precautions are outlined in the evite, which can be found by CLICKING HERE. RSVP is required. Max participation is 35, so RSVP now.
Care & Compassion
• Dance Group: You are invited to join the Care and Compassion Ministry's Temple Care Dance Group for a free and fun dance party in the church's parking lot on November 28th . We will be doing an hour of dance fitness (multiple styles of dance) that will be easy to follow for all fitness levels. This is a pre-launch event for our Temple Care Ministry classes. This event is for 13 years and older. Bring your own style and your big smile! ****Registration is required and the event will be from 2-3:30PM. Participation will be limited and socially distanced to keep everyone safe. Please bring your mask to participate in this event (some extra masks will be available).**** If you have questions, you may call Jalilia Smith, at 518-505-2434 or email us at email@example.com. Register at https://www.evite.com/event/0150275HWAQOHIWROEPLDRGKNVU7LY/rsvp
• Recent Donation: We have received a large donation of adult pullups from one of our partnerships. If you have a need for some, please contact Margo Scurry at 704.277.5605
• Senior Agape Program: The Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry is encouraging everyone in the church to continue to show support and love to some of our area's congregates' living facilities that have experienced great isolation during these trying times. As we continue to support the Seniors at the Anita Stroud Living Center during November, we want the residents to know how thankful we are for them. Your letters and cards of encouragement really make them feel special. Please continue to participate by sending letters and cards to the church. Once you have written a letter or card, enclose it in an envelope and address it "Dear Resident" and then place that letter/ card into another envelope and address it to: The Charlotte Church: c/o the Care and Compassion Ministry at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203.
• HOPE Scouts Food Drive 2020: Donation drop off will occur on Saturday Nov 14th from (9AM - noon) at the church building located at 2200 Ashley Road in Charlotte. We're asking you to be creative and ask your village to participate in this drive. The need is greater than ever this year due to the pandemic. All donations collected will be donated to Loaves and Fishes to augment and support the mobile food pantry.
• Above & Beyond: We are excited to announce a new partnership with Above & Beyond Students. This partnership will create a learning center and afterschool program that will operate out of our building. Above & Beyond Students has 20 years of experience and will serve students in grades (k-5) from Ashley Park Elementary and Westerly Hills Academy by referral. We look for them to be up and running by the end of October early November timeframe. There will be employment and volunteer opportunities for members of the congregation.
• Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot on Monday's since August and has helped feed 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer you must contact Mike Dames at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID
• Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org