Announcements for May 10, 2020
For the month of May, The Charlotte Church will continue to meet virtually as we have been. Thank you for your continued prayers for wisdom as we navigate ahead.
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox.
Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- April 26th..................................................................$19,516.47
- May 3rd....................................................................$27,265.75
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ...............$22,956.48
- Thomas Hickman: Update - First of all thank you for your prayers! I'm happy to report God's Grace once again for my brother Thomas. His test results for COVID-19 were negative; and, his lungs are doing well. Thomas is home and is in good spirits. So grateful for your prayers
- Susan Raye: Please be in prayer for Susan Raye and her family. Her mother Betty 'Jean' Chester Calvin passed away on April 27th. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: Susan Raye 7330 Reynard Lane Charlotte, NC 28215
Church Wide Notifications:
- Congratulations: Congratulations to Brice and Katherine Milsaps on the birth of their daughter Emery Estelle born on April 23, which was 7 weeks early, weighing 3lbs7oz. Please be praying for Emery as she will be in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Both Mother and Baby are doing well. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: Brice and Katherine Milsaps 1109 Bethpage Rd Kannapolis, NC 28081-9000
- From Rodney: Winner(s) from last week's Scavenger Hunt - Ebony Washington, Jonathan Drabot, and Ron Matthews. I know I said before the first one, but since there is a lag time in our viewing experience I missed some things. So, I changed my mind and decided to give prizes to the 1st three correct answers. Winners, DON'T EXPECT A HOUSE; just a little something that will bring a little smile to your face during this time.
- In last Sundays message (May 3rd), there was an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT piece of material that is needed in Building. It was "Hidden" somewhere on the bookshelf. This piece of material has also been in countless titles of Christian books calling All Christians to Build the Kingdom of God. Give me the piece of Material and a Book Title it is included in. The first three (3) I see get the prize!! Remember to put your answers in the Chat section between (9:45 - 10:00). Keep in mind, there is a lag time with our viewing experience, so I might not see yours in "Real Time", so remember, this is all in fun. Remember, I'll be watching!!!
- FOR THE WOMEN FAMILY GROUP LEADERS: The entire staff is grateful for your service to the Church in your role as a family group leader. These have been particularly challenging times for all and in an effort to support you, our sisters who are in some cases juggling work, home schooling, engaging with the family group virtually and everything else, we are going to spend time praying on your behalf! The staff women will "gather" to pray for each member of your family group specifically. The dates and times we will be praying for each group are listed below. Family group leaders, if you're able to join us when we pray for your group, we'd love it; but if not, don't worry, we've got you covered! Just reach out to Lavonia or Jennifer for the details. For now we are just opening this to the family group leaders in an effort to support them and keep the "gatherings" intimate. However feel free to use the below as a prayer list in May.
- Tuesday, May 12 7:00pm: Espy, Brookshire, Gastonia, Pineville
- Saturday, May 16 9:00am: Highland Creek, Ft. Mill, Moss Creek, Indian Trail/Monroe
- Tuesday, May 19 12:00pm: Violante, Cornelius, SW Young Marrieds, Y&F/Middle School
- Thursday, May 21 7:00pm: Mooresville, Huntersville, Matthews
- Tuesday, May 26 2:00pm: Southend, Arbor Hills, Campus
- Saturday, May 30 9:00am: Brookstead, Rocky River, Prosperity Village
- DO YOU HAVE A NEED? or WANT TO MEET A NEED? The Care & Compassion Ministry has created a Have a Need, Meet a Need Process. View this video and see the links below for more information. Please visit the links below for more information.
- Click HAVE A NEED, if you have a need and fill out the linked form, providing as much detail as possible.
- Click MEET A NEED, if you would like to meet a need - we will be updating this list of needs in the congregation daily, providing enough detail so you know what's being asked. Each need will have a button you hit to sign up to meet the need. Contact details will then be texted to you within 24 hours. Please contact the Care & Compassion Ministry at email@example.com if you have any questions
Upcoming Church Wide Events:
- SWAMP: Swamp Camp has been cancelled for this summer, but there is great news about a Virtual Camp Swamp! Please see the link to the main page of Camp Swamp for a video from Jeff with more information on the cancellation and the Virtual Camp Swamp. This week there is a pilot program running for virtual Swamp and we are fortunate to have members of the Charlotte Church participating - look for testimonials coming soon! https://www.campswamp.com
- Parent Survey: In these unique times, the Children's Ministry wants to be here to love, comfort, encourage, and support you. Please take a little time to complete this survey, and let us know how we may support your family right now. (Survey Link). Due date for completion is 05/13/2020.
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
Y&F Ministry (Teens):
- PROM 2020: The Teen Prom, hosted by The Charlotte Church, was originally scheduled for May 2nd, however, due to COVID-19, May 2nd is no longer an option. We have decided to move the Prom to July or Aug 2020. We will notify you as soon as we establish the date. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
• Verbal Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday):email@example.com
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Office: email@example.com
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org