Announcements for July 12, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox.
Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- July 5th.....................................................................$26,813.26
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$27,973.14
- Tony Greene: Please pray for the family of Tony and Donna Greene as Tony's father, Benny White, passed away recently. Please pray for the family during this difficult time.
- Tony Scott: Please pray for Tony as he is currently in the hospital with high blood pressure issues.
- Bernice Babel: Bernice Babel needed to go to the emergency room due to low iron in her blood stream. She is recovering, and needs lots of rest and of course an increase of iron in her blood. Please pray for her and the family at this challenging time.
- Jeff Price: Our brother and 2019 SETRA winner, Jeff Price, had a heart attack on Sunday, June 28th during a race. After losing consciousness during the last lap of the race, by the grace of God, he was able to ride his motorcycle to the EMTs and finished third in the race. Thanks to the fast acting EMTs, ambulance driver, medical staff, and Dr. Lopez at Spartanburg Regional and the prayers of our fantastic family group he is expected to make a full recovery. Please continue to pray as he recovers at home over the next several weeks. Hebrews 12:1 " and let us continue to run with perseverance the race marked out for us..." Leslie Price
Prayer Request Updates:
- Baby Oliver: Michael, Oliver, and I would like to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support! Oliver was moved to the step-down unit, progressive care on July 2nd. He is still on some breathing support, but he is growing like crazy and we will start bottle feeding him soon! Please continue to pray that he grows healthy and strong so that he can come home! "Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them" Matthew 18:20. Thank you! Kory Paulus
Church Wide Notifications:
- 2020 Missions Contribution Goal: The Charlotte Church has set a goal of collecting $110,000 for missions in 2020. The first $55,000 collected will be used for support of the Appalachian Christian Church in Boone, North Carolina. The next $55,000 collected will be used in support of African missions. Any additional funds collected over $110,000 will be used for domestic and/or foreign missions as determined by the evangelists, elders and Board of Directors of the Charlotte Church.
Care and Compassion Ministry:
- Senior Agape Program: The Care and Compassion Ministry, would like to announce our newest program: The Senior Agape Program The Senior Agape Program - is our way to show encouragement and love to some of our area's congregate living facilities that have experienced some of the most isolation during these trying times. We want to invite the entire church to participate in our monthly "Acts of Love" events. For the month of July, we will be writing letters and/or cards to the seniors at the Anita Stroud Living Center (where two of our members reside). If you would like to participate, please contact Stephanie Dixon - Senior Agape Program Coordinator at Stephanie.email@example.com for details or sign up to send a letter to a resident at the center. Write a letter of encouragement to make the resident feel special. All letters need to be submitted by July 17, 2020. Please write a letter or enclose a card in an envelope and address it "Dear Resident" and then place that letter/ card into another envelope and address it to: The Charlotte Church: c/o the Care and Compassion Ministry at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203.
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
- Verbal Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday):email@example.com
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org