Announcements for January 31, 2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Weekly Budget.........................................................$22,000.00
• January 3rd..............................................................$25,248.00
• January 17th............................................................$16,813.64
• January 10th............................................................$21,366.00
• January 24th............................................................$18,300.62
• Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ...............$4,939.00
• Savian Gray-Sommerville: Please keep Savian Gray-Sommerville and his family in your prayers. Savian's dad, Juan Sommerville passed away last week after contracting Covid. Condolences can be sent to: Savion Gray Sommerville - 321 W Seventh St Charlotte, NC 28202
• Alleyah Babel: The Babel family is grateful for the support, prayers and meals from the church! As Alleyah continues to fight the tumor on her spine, let's continue to fight in prayer on her behalf. You can sign up to bring them a meal here: MEAL SIGN UP and cards of encouragement may be sent to 3015 Rosewater Lane, Indian Trail, NC 28079-3713. Thank you.
• Graham/Love/Taylor Family: Please pray for the Graham/Love/Taylor Family as they mourn the loss of Mrs. Essie B. Taylor, B.J. Love's mother (Savannah Church) and Corey Graham's beloved grandmother, who helped to raise him during his formative years. Mrs Essie (77) passed away unexpectedly on January 2, 2021, at Heritage Inn Nursing Home in Sandersville, GA. Graveside services were held on Thursday, January 7, at 11:00 a.m. at Woodlawn Cemetery, Sandersville. At the request of his parents, aunts, and uncles, Corey delivered the eulogy for his "Grandma." Cards may be sent to: Corey & Sharma Graham-1525 Napa Street NW Concord, NC 28027
Family Group Leaders:
• Leaders Meetings Schedule for 2021: This year, starting in February we will have leaders meetings once a month in a group and Regional format; it works out to (6) gatherings all together and (5) Regional (North & South) gatherings. At this point they will all be via Zoom. The meetings will be from 12pm - 1:30pm The schedule looks like this:
o February 7: All Together
o March 7: Regional
o April 11: All Together
o May 2: Regional
o June 6: All Together
o July 11: Regional
o August 1: All Together
o September 12: Regional
o October 3: All Together
o November 7: Regional
o December 5: All Together
Church Wide Announcements
• Pounding For the Ellysons: We want to show the Ellysons how happy we are to have them join us in Charlotte. We may not be able to spend tons of time with them yet, but we can show them our love by giving them a "pounding" (a practice begun by the Quakers, bringing a pound of flour, sugar, or coffee to a new preacher). We have worked with them for a list of pantry and household items that will be useful to them as they adjust to life in Charlotte and working with our Campus Ministry. Please sign up for what you can and plan to drop it off at the church building on one of the two drop off dates. Please choose something on the list. You can sign up for as little or as much as you would like.
o SignUp: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0449a9ae2da46-pounding
o Where: The Charlotte Church, 2200 Ashley Rd, Charlotte, NC 28208 (Parking Lot)
o How: Drive through Drop off
o When: Saturday, January 30th, 12-2pm or Sunday, January 31st, 2-4pm
o Please email: Leighs4girls@gmail.com or Julie.Westhofen@gmail.com with any questions
• 2020 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2020 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing email@example.com. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
• WOMEN'S PRAYER REGARDING CONCERNS CLOSE TO OUR HEARTS: As the prayer coverage continues through the month, the staff women will be hosting prayer groups on specific topics. We invite the sisters to join us and feel free to invite you family and friends. To accommodate as many as possible, we have created zoom links for each and have scheduled these around typical working hours. Simply click on the title of each prayer time to access the link.
• FOR OUR FINANCES: 1.29.21 Friday 12:00-12:30PM and 1.29.21 Friday 7:30-8:00PM
o Meeting ID: 584 285 0693
o Passcode: 5527993
• MOMS WITH YOUNG CHILDREN: 1.30.21 Saturday 7:30-8:00AM
• SINGLE WOMEN: 1.30.21 9:00-9:30AM
o Meeting ID: 894 3693 1117
o Passcode: 962916
• MOMS WITH ADULT CHILDREN: 1.31.21 Sunday 7:00-7:30AM
o Meeting ID: 776 598 6882
o Passcode: Luke18:1
• YOUTH & FAMILY MOM: 1.31.21 SUNDAY 7:00-8:00PM
UPCOMING CONFERENCES/LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Below are two events (virtual) being hosted by different service teams within our sister of churches. We wanted to be sure you had the information for these opportunities. Please see the links provided for full details and registration.
• RACIAL JUSTICE IN THE CHURCH February 6 & 13, 2021: The ICOC Teachers Service Team has formed a Race Relations Task Force chaired by Suzette Lewis. The team has been discussing ways to help disciples explore the principles and practices of racial justice in the church. If you have been interested in studying this topic, register for this free workshop hosted via Zoom on Saturday, February 6 and 13. For more information on the specific classes visit: https://milestonechurches.com/racial-justice
• LET JUSTICE ROLL: VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ON THE BIBLE & JUSTICE. March 4-6, 2021 The Teachers Service Team of the ICOC invites you to be part of a conference entitled "Let Justice Roll" on March 4-6, 2021. This conference is sponsored by the ICOC Teachers Service Team and the Teleios Society. The theme is biblical justice. Featured at our conference is Mr. Fred Gray, a civil rights icon in the US. Mr. Gray was the attorney for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks. For more information visit: https://www.teleiossociety.com
Youth & Family Ministry:
• Y&F Parent Prayer Night: Sunday January 31st on ZOOM Mothers: 7:00pm-8:00pm, Meeting ID: 685 464, Password: 903961 Fathers: 8:00pm-9:00pm, Meeting ID: 2449949015, Passcode: 971390
• Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot on Monday's since August and has helped feed 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer you must contact Mike Dames at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID
• Save the date!: Registration is now open for a Virtual Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop on February 27, 2021 from 9:00 AM until Noon hosted by HOPE worldwide Charlotte. God calls His image bearers to love and serve the poor and marginalized. If you are interested in finding out how you and your organization can do this in a way that has the greatest impact, then this workshop is for you. In this workshop, you will learn about: The Causes of Poverty - Increasing Resources - Involving Your Whole Community - Strategies to Help People in Poverty Get Out.
o Please click the link to register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/8916116309931/WN_xp_m_J3qRTC-PBJkLrbHfA
• Blood Drive: Please save the date and spread the word. The American Red Cross & HOPE world wide Charlotte will be hosting our next blood drive on Saturday February 20th from 8AM-1PM in the Fellowship Hall of the Charlotte Church located at 2200 Ashley Rd, Charlotte NC Red Cross has operated as an essential service throughout the COVID Pandemic. Here's the need. There's a nationwide blood shortage and right know they need our help. Did you now:
o Right now, the American Red Cross is in critical need of African American & LatinX blood donors to give to ensure sickle cell patients receive treatments
o The Blood supply must be replenished constantly
o One donation can potentially save three lives
o Donating blood is the simplest thing you can do to save a life
o All CDC protocols and guidelines will be followed.
o If you would like to donate blood or volunteer to serve at the drive contact: email@example.com or 704-724-2362
• Virtual Meet & Greet: The Ellyson's will be hosting a Zoom meeting on Sunday, January 31st from 2:00pm-3:30pm for the parents of the campus students and parents of the high school seniors! This will be a great time to get to know the Ellyson's. They are hoping to share their vision for the campus ministry and get to know the parents of their students. Please RSVP in the evite link below by January 28th at 8:00PM to receive the Zoom link. Evite
Care & Compassion Ministry:
• Temple Care Dance: We're Back!!! Last November, we had 'Jamming in the Lot" as the Temple Care Dance Group of the Care and Compassion Ministry. This was an outdoor dance fitness workout to kick off our 2021 dance fitness classes and it was a success! You are welcome to join the Temple Care Dance Group, Sat January 30th at 8am for a heart pumping and fun workout through Zoom. What a way to start a Saturday! We plan to have biweekly classes to keep us moving throughout the year. Stay tuned! See the zoom link below for this January 30th, 8 am class.
o Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85851432337?pwd=V3RUSE1OYm9HWUViTk1PdGw4YXIxZz09
Meeting ID: 858 5143 2337
• Parenting Beyond Capacity: The Children's Ministry will be restarting our parenting series with the book Parenting Beyond Your Capacity. For the series we will have families in the church share on 5 family values: Widen the Circle, Imagine the End, Fight for the Heart, Create a Rhythm, and Make It Personal. Each month from January-June we will email a video and questions, then come together at the end of the month for a Zoom discussion. The video will be emailed on the first Sunday of each month and we will have the Zoom discussion at 8:00pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month. If you do not receive the email or if you have further questions, please contact April Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org