Announcements for January 3, 2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- December 6th...........................................................$23,676.00
- December 13th.........................................................$26,739.78
- December 20th.........................................................$21,751.60
- December 27th.........................................................$25,103.94
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$146,443.57
- Alleyah Babel: Thank you to all who have supported the Babel family with prayers, contributions, meals, cards, etc. Let's continue to pray for Alleyah's healing and lifting this family up. If you are able to help them with a meal, please visit this link: MEAL SIGN UP and cards of encouragement may be sent to 3015 Rosewater Lane, Indian Trail, NC 28079-3713.
- Anthony Rhodes: Please pray for the family of Anthony Rhodes, whose mother Janie Rhodes passed away this week from COVID complications. Cards of sympathy and encouragement can be sent to the Rhodes Family, 6529 Fieldstone Manor Drive, Matthews, NC 28105
- Jan Pickett: Please pray for the family of Jan Pickett as her brother (Jeffrey Michael Miller) passed away recently. Cards of encouragement can be sent to Jan, 243 Water Oak Dr Pineville NC 28134
- Lily Trann: Please continue to pray for Lily Trann as she is undergoing chemotherapy treatments. Lily has been dialing into some of the family group's Zoom meetings, and shares as she is able. Her physician reports that there is some noticeable shrinking of the brain lesion
Church Wide Announcements
- Prayer Chain: Let's begin 2021 going to our Father faithful in prayer together throughout January. In Romans 12:11-12 we are called to "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." If each of us would select 4-5 different half-hour slots the month will be covered with 24/7 prayer! You may want to sign up for some of those times as a couple, together as a family or as roommates. Or consider using one of those times to pray with your best friend and/or as a discipleship group or small group. The possibilities are endless and so are the things God wants to do on behalf of his people. Click this link to sign up: PRAYER SIGN UP
- New Christian Class: Attention! If you have been baptized or restored from 2018-2020 this is for you. We are starting a new Christians class on Sunday January 24th that will run for 5 weeks once a week for an hour from 5:00-6:00pm via Zoom. The teachers for the classes will be David and Jennifer Cunningham(Fellowship with God), George Violante and Danielle Scurry(Fishers of Men), Steve and Tinisha Bookhart(Filled with the Spirit), Kevin and Alex Sampson(Following Jesus), and Phil and Bonnie Fisher(Foundational Biblical Doctrines). The Acostas and Cortezes will be teaching these classes in Spanish. We are looking forward to seeing you there, sign up will be forthcoming.
- Parenting Beyond Capacity: The Children's Ministry will be restarting our parenting series with the book Parenting Beyond Your Capacity. For the series we will have families in the church share on 5 family values: Widen the Circle, Imagine the End, Fight for the Heart, Create a Rhythm, and Make It Personal. Each month from January-June we will email a video and questions, then come together at the end of the month for a Zoom discussion. The video will be emailed on the first Sunday of each month and we will have the Zoom discussion at 8:00pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month. If you do not receive the email or if you have further questions, please contact April Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
Care & Compassion:
- 2020 Victory Report: The Care and Compassion Ministry would like to thank you for the opportunities we have had this year to partner with the church in serving our brothers and sisters. We are grateful for the support we have received from our leaders and our core C&CM team to help "stand in the gap". 2 Corinthians 1:4 - He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. We would like to share our year-end report to all who would like to see some of the ways our church has much to be grateful for this year!
- Care & Compassion 2020 Victory Report
- Save the date! Registration is now open for the 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Virtual Celebration and Digital Art Contest on January 18, 2021 at 3PM EST. Let's make it a family affair as we encourage you to research our theme "The Beloved Community". We invite you to submit a digital piece that expresses your understanding of what Dr. King meant when he referred to "The Beloved Community". The entries will be featured and the winner announced at the end of the event. The winner will receive a $100 Grand Prize. The program will feature music, art and a meaningful discussion about Dr. King's dream of creating a Beloved Community. Featured Panelists include:
- Dr. Ben Barnett, Chief Evangelist HOPE worldwide, Inc.
- Mr. Michael Burns, Author, National and International Teacher, Twin Cities Church of Christ
- Ms. Kendall Baldwin, Director of U.S. Chapter Relations, HOPE worldwide, Inc.
- Mr. Trevor Hansen, Guest Moderator
Please click on this link to register for the event and receive instructions for the art contest: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/5416094283064/WN_DTlOpdAsS0CXlfcmSA1Gdg Please share this link with your family, friends and network
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org