Announcements for January 22, 2023
- Donna Jackson: Please pray for Donna and her family as her sister, Denise, passed away Friday January 13. She had lung cancer.
- Ron Ford: Ron has been moved to a rehab facility. Please continue to pray that his leg will heal completely, and he will be able to go home soon.
Births & Move Ins:
- Baby announcement: Our daughter, Catalina, was born on November 16th weighing 1 lb., 12 oz. after an emergency cesarean to save mom who had preeclampsia and baby who was not receiving enough blood and oxygen. Both mom and baby are now doing well, but there have been many challenging moments since our miracle Catalina was born two months ago. We are grateful for your prayers for Catalina as she is still in the NICU. In lieu of clothing or food, we would greatly appreciate your support for her medical and everyday life expenses. If you would like to contribute, please click HERE Thank you.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:8"
Please remember that contribution can be submitted online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give or via mail. Send all mailed contributions to: The Charlotte Church 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275 Charlotte, NC 28203. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget (2023)...................................................$23,000.00
- November Weekly Average...........................................$21,874.31
- December Weekly Average...........................................$32,061.64
- January Weekly Average (to date)................................$12,018.57
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2023......................$2,915.61
- LEADERS' MEETINGS and WORKSHOPS for 2023:
- February 5th – 12:00pm-1:30pm
- March 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- April 22nd (Saturday)- Leader's Workshop 9am-12pm at The Charlotte Church
- May 7th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- June 4th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- June 24th (Saturday)- Silent Retreat (limited capacity, sign up info to come)
- July 2nd - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- August 6th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- September 10th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- September 30th (Saturday)- Leader's Workshop 9am-12pm at The Charlotte Church
- October 22nd - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- November 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- December 2nd End of the Year Celebration on Saturday evening
- Father/Daughter Dance & Mother/Son Game Night: Calling all Mothers and Fathers AND Sons and Daughters— young and old! This event is for you— The Charlotte Church is hosting a Mother Son Game Night & Father Daughter Dance on March 11th at 6:00-8:00PM. The Father Daughter Dance will be held in the Fellowship Hall and the Mother/Son Game Night will be in the Gym– each event is separate but running simultaneously. For each event, dessert and drinks will be provided as refreshments along with a special night full of fun and laughter. This event will be $20 per parent. (For example, if a dad was taking his 2 daughters to the dance, the event would cost $20 because it is 1 parent). This event is dependent on having 25 parents register and pay. If the event does not have enough registered by February 11th, the event will be canceled, and you will be reimbursed for your registration. So please click the link below to register and save your spot for this special night!
- 2022 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2022 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
- Faith, Hope, & Love Apparel: 2023 is the year for TCC to focus on Faith, Hope, and Love as our theme. As we celebrate, honor, and engage with these tenants of the Bible, we would like to provide an opportunity for you to purchase clothing items showcasing Faith Hope and Love. Please click the link below to check out all the cool apparel items. All orders placed between 01/06/202 and 01/31/2023 will be available for pick up after church outside the fellowship hall on Sunday, February 19, 2023.
- Women's Book Study: Sisters! We have another opportunity to connect with another book study! “40 Days of Decrease guides readers through a study of Jesus’ uncommon and uncomfortable call to abandon the world’s illusions, embrace His kingdom’s realities, and journey crossword and beyond. Designed to prepare our hearts for Easter, 40 Days of Decrease can also be experienced by those who desire to honor Christ’s resurrection year-round.”
- The study will be from Wednesday February 22-Thursday April 6th.
- The title of the book is "40 Days of Decrease" by Alicia Britt Chole.
- You can get your copy here.
- Click HERE to sign up
- Michael Burns: Michael Burns will be speaking at the Triangle Church Saturday January 28th and Sunday the 29th on the topic of Equal Concern & Care for the Body from 1 Corinthians. The Saturday session will be from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- Bible Teachers Conference: 2023 Teleios Society Conference “Gen Z: The Ongoing Conversation.” Hosted by the ICOC Bible Teachers Service Team. Feb 23-25 at Oklahoma Christian University. teleiosconference.com/
- Early Registration ends Jan 23rd: $150
- Regular Registration: Jan 23 - Feb 22: $175
- In-Person Registration: Feb 23 - Feb 25: $200
- Virtual Registration: $125
- If you would like to offer a sponsorship or donate your SkyMiles to those who want to attend but need financial support, contact Crystal Mbanuzue at 704-438-7017 or email email@example.com for more details.
- Laptops Available: If you’re in need of a computer to access things like jobs or school, the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library has a good deal this year. More information provided at the following link: https://digitalbranch.cmlibrary.org/mecktech/
- Parent Midweek: There is a parent "midweek" on FRIDAY JANUARY 27th at 7:00pm for parents of middle school and high schoolers. This will kick off our new year in the Y&F ministry. Don and Laura Hall will share about hope, we will share the dreams we have for this year, and our first service opportunity for the year. We will also introduce a new communication platform for the ministries. See you there! (There will be MS Midweek in the fellowship hall and Teen Devo in the Gym)
Care & Compassion:
- Grief Journey Facilitator Training: Any mature disciple who could potentially facilitate or co-facilitate an 8-week support group in the future is encouraged to join the Piedmont Triad Church for the training based on the Grief Journey book and contact Margo Scurry (704.277.5605) of The Care and Compassion Ministry through which it would be coordinated for our church. Grief Journey was written by Tim Sumerlin, PhD and an elder in The Denver Church, for the purpose of providing spiritually focused comfort and support in the face of loss.
- Two training sessions via Zoom: Jan 17 & 24, 7-8:30 pm
- A final 90-minute Q&A Zoom session will be scheduled at a later time.
- The Piedmont Triad Church will cover the cost of the training. The training is free to you.
- Books can be purchased from Illumination Printing
- Participants must register in order to receive the Zoom link (Register Here to Attend the Training).
- Save the Date: All you romantics! To celebrate our love for our spouses, the gentlemen wish to lavish fine dining and service extraordinary upon our lovely ladies. Please reserve the evening of Saturday Feb 11th.
- Teachers Needed: Children's Ministry is looking for you to join us as we introduce our children to the wonder, beauty, and majesty of God through the scriptures in a loving and safe environment. Please click the link to sign up to teach for the February-July rotation!
- Bridges Out of Poverty: A Bridges Out of Poverty workshop will be held on Sat Jan 28th from 9AM - Noon @ the Charlotte Church 2200 Ashley Road. Doors open at 8:30AM. If you have a passion for learning how to serve and help people who are currently living in poverty, then this workshop is for you. The workshop will be interactive and filled with activities to help make the information that will be shared adaptable and meaningful. Click here to register. Click here to learn more about Bridges out of Poverty.
- HOPE ww Community Suppers: In honor of Dr. King, during the month of January, we are asking all of our members and friends to consider hosting a meal in your home where you intentionally invite people who are different from you to break bread with you. The purpose for this activity is to help us all to become intentional at practicing radical hospitality and building relationships with people from all walks of life. Please click here for ideas on how you can achieve this.
- Save the Date! The next Red Cross blood drive will be Saturday February 18th. We will need donors and volunteers to man the drive.
- Service is defined as the act of helping or doing work for someone. Thank you to the over 100 volunteers that came out to support the MLK Day of service on Saturday. Your acts of service have met the basic needs of families, individuals and children in our community. A special thank you goes to our brother Tony Hill who inspired us and called us to greater heights of service to our community and our God. Are you a bucket or a vase?
- Thank you! HOPE ww Charlotte would like to thank everyone for their prayers and participation in the Holiday Gift Card Program and coat drive. With your generosity and our new partner, the Care and Compassion ministry, we were able to help over 20 families in the church. The coat drive helped families and individuals served by Crisis Assistance and Opportunity House. Your generosity has touched the lives of our brothers and sisters and our neighbors in the community. May God richly bless you for your acts of kindness and love.
- Please contact Mike Dames if you have questions or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org (704)763-5733.
- MMOG EVENT: SAVE THE DATE: MMOG XV- "Tear It Down"
- SAVE THE DATE: April 21-23 Father/Son (Uncles/Grandpas/Big Brothers!) Retreat Event
- Ages: 6th - 12th gr
- Location: Camp Walter Johnson
- Registration Opening Soon!
- We Need Volunteers & Mentors!!
- Event Contact: Anthony Famularo 704- 968-1645
- Video Link
- Talent Show: Church Family- We Need Your Help!!!! Please go to the following link- We've Got Talent and sign up to participate in the Talent Show/Fundraiser. All proceeds minus cost and prizes will go to the MMOG Ministries to support their efforts. You may sign up to sing, juggle, play an instrument, artwork,etc., you may also volunteer to help with set-up, collect tickets, or volunteer to donate needed prizes for participants. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or call and/or text me 704-794-2111- Stephanie Dixon. If you need help with the fee to sign up for the show, please reach out to me. Last day for sign up is 1/22/23. Thank you in advance for your consideration and participation.
- $25- Application Fee
- $5- Raffle Ticket and Admission Price
- Date: Saturday February 25, 2023
- Time: 4:00-6:00 pm
- Place- The Charlotte Church, 2200 Ashley Road
- MMOG Serving Committees: If you would like to help us grow and serve on one of our committees, please reach out to us and either Tim or Anthony will reach out to you! (Fund Raising, Partnership Relations, Community Outreach or MMOG Father/Son Events https://www.mmogministries.org/contact_new
- SCM (Street Corner Ministries):
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
- Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: email@example.com