Announcements for January 16, 2022
In case of inclement weather on Sunday Jan 16th, a notification will be sent out late Saturday evening or early Sunday morning with instructions regarding our Sunday worship service.
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget..........................................................$23,750.00
- January 2nd...............................................................$30,306.42
- January 9th................................................................$23,572.49
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2022 .................$391.00
- Anthony Rhodes: Please pray for the family of Anthony and Wanda Rhodes as Anthony's grandmother passed away recently.
- Congratulations to Cherise Ishman & Johnathan Martinez on their Engagement December 27th, 2021! Johnathan is a Disciple at the Lighthouse Church of Christ in California. Cherise & Johnathan will be married on June 11th, 2022, in California.
- ZOOM ONLY LEADERS' MEETINGS for 2022: NEW TIME: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
- February 6, 2022
- March 6, 2022
- April 3, 2022
- May 1, 2022
- June 5, 2022
- July 10, 2022
- August 14, 2022
- September 11, 2022
- October 2, 2022
- November 6, 2022
- December 4, 2022
- Zoom information:
- 2021 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2021 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing email@example.com. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
- Open Gym: Sunday January 23rd will be the start to our monthly open gym. We invite anyone who is in High School or older to join these times. This is a time meant for some competitive/friendly pickup basketball games. The time will be from 12:30pm - 3:30pm. If you plan on coming, please pack a lunch and bring your clothes to church. This open gym will start at 12:30pm moving forward in February the time could change, we will keep you posted
- Book Discussion Group: SISTERS: Let's be transformed from the inside out!!!! We can thrive spiritually only when we are healthy, mature, intelligent & "free" emotionally. Join us for a free 6-week discussion on "Spiritual Transformation: Emotional Intelligence and Freedom" beginning Saturday, January 22nd!!!! Register here: www.cresendajones.com
• SWAMP Corner: Swampers, it is time to prepare for Camp Swamp 2022 as registration opens up February 1st at 12:01AM. That's right, just after the last day of this month, at 12:01am, summer camp registration opens. All the information/details you need for summer camp is located within the links below, just click on the desired area and the link will pop up.
• Summer Camp details are here:
o Dates & Fees Page
o Family Camp Registration Page
o Summer Camp Registration Page
o Volunteer Staff Application Page
o Swamp Corps Trip Information
• Volunteering Information: Openings and Application Page
• Again, CAMP REGISTRATION and VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS PROCESS OPENS FEBRUARY 1 at 12:01AM.
• Mother-Son Retreat: Prepare for a fun-filled weekend only a mother-son can have. The event will occur March 25-27, 2022. Registration is open now. Click here for details and to register.
• Contact Carla Weyrick with any questions at: carlaweyrick@gmail or 704-564-5585.
- Ministry Serving Opportunities-The harvest field is plentiful, but the workers are few"-Jesus (Luke 10:1-3) We are underway of beginning our bi-monthly Street Corners Ministry Service and we could use more servants that would be able to join in!! You do not have to commit to every Saturday, but maybe you can do one per month? Will be 1st & 3rd Saturdays monthly with Jan 15th (10am-3pm) being the next day and rotation start. We will be providing the love of Jesus Christ in different ways including Hot Showers & Laundry service for our neighbors of the street with our Hope Vibes inc partners, lunches of some sort, group Bible teachings, Prayer ministry & much needed Fellowship! (Matt 22:1-10) Sign up not only to Serve, but also to receive our Newsletters, Schedule updates, spontaneous urgent needs that arise and all info needed, at: https://www.mmogministries.org/form/servant-sign-up-form We also will need on-going monetary support as we are getting started! For info on how you can become financial support partners; email firstname.lastname@example.org Or contact; Tim Kirk, 704-699-9653 or Anthony Famularo 704-968-1645
- Event Dates:
- As we have announced, children's ministry's new rotation will start February 6th. We want to thank those that have signed up so far. We now have 8 teachers signed up out of 20 needed to serve all children. This means that we will only have 2 classes open. Please click here and join us in helping our children know the wonder of God.
- HOPE 2021 Coat-Gloves-Hat-Sock Drive - It's not too late. We are collecting new and clean used items for children and adults through Sunday January 2, 2022. Please place your donations in the HOPE barrels that will be located in the main lobby and at the Kids Kingdom counter. All items collected will be donated to the Crisis Assistance Free Store to be distributed to neighbors in need.
- This year's MLK Day of Service will be held on Monday, January 17th from 10:00AM - 1:00PM, at the Charlotte Church Building, 2200 Ashley Road. The doors will open at 9:30AM. It is an opportunity to serve our community to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. This year we will have the opportunity to participate in service projects conducted at the church building that meet the needs of neighbors in our community. Please click on this link for details on the projects and to sign up. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e4da8ab22a46-2022
- Loaves & Fishes: We will resume service on January 10, 2022. The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry has been operating from our parking lot on Mondays. since August 2020 and has helped feed over 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. A cap has been placed on the number of volunteers because of COVID protocols so you must reserve your spot in advance. To volunteer, please contact Mike Dames at email@example.com.
- For questions, please contact Mike at 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
• Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen)
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org