Announcements for January 15, 2023
- Ron Ford: Ron has been moved to a rehab facility. Please continue to pray that his leg will heal completely, and he will be able to go home soon.
- Art Cosper: Please keep Art Cosper and his family in prayer. His mother passed away on Wednesday evening. Cards of encouragement can be sent to Art at 7208 Marlbrook Dr. Charlotte, NC 28212.
- Denise Brown: Please pray for Denice Brown's mother, Jill Frazier, as she has been placed under hospice care. Cards of encouragement can be sent to Denise at 4280-D Woodstone Dr. Charlotte, NC 28269.
- Mike Dames: Please pray for our brother Mike Dames & his loving wife Anne - their hearts are heavy as Mike's mom passed this morning after a short time in the hospital here as she had been staying with them for several weeks. May God continue to comfort them as no one else can. Cards if encouragement may be sent to 7500 Chasewater Drive Harrisburg, NC 28075
Births & Move Ins:
- Baby announcement: Xochitl Sánchez and Jeremy Cervantes would like to announce the birth of their baby girl, Catalina. She was born on November 16th weighing 1 lb., 12 ounces after an emergency cesarean. Both mom and baby are now doing well (Catalina is over 4 lbs), but there have been many challenging moments over the last two months. They are grateful for your prayers for the new parents and Catalina as she is still in the NICU.
- The Wiechs: Let's welcome Mark and Alicia Wiech who have recently moved from Chicago to Charlotte. Mark & Alicia are expecting their first child.
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:8"
Please remember that contribution can be submitted online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give or via mail. Send all mailed contributions to: The Charlotte Church 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275 Charlotte, NC 28203. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget (2023)...................................................$23,000.00
- November Weekly Average...........................................$21,874.31
- December Weekly Average...........................................$32,061.64
- January Weekly Average (to date)................................$11,874.24
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2023......................$1,939.13
- LEADERS' MEETINGS and WORKSHOPS for 2023:
- February 5th – 12:00pm-1:30pm
- March 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- April 22nd (Saturday)- Leader's Workshop 9am-12pm at The Charlotte Church
- May 7th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- June 4th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- June 24th (Saturday)- Silent Retreat (limited capacity, sign up info to come)
- July 2nd - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- August 6th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- September 10th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- September 30th (Saturday)- Leader's Workshop 9am-12pm at The Charlotte Church
- October 22nd - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- November 5th - 12:00pm-1:30pm
- December 2nd End of the Year Celebration on Saturday evening
- 2022 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2022 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
- Faith, Hope, & Love Apparel: 2023 is the year for TCC to focus on Faith, Hope, and Love as our theme. As we celebrate, honor, and engage with these tenants of the Bible, we would like to provide an opportunity for you to purchase clothing items showcasing Faith Hope and Love. Please click the link below to check out all the cool apparel items. All orders placed between 01/06/202 and 01/31/2023 will be available for pick up after church outside the fellowship hall on Sunday, February 19, 2023.
- Women's Book Study: Sisters! We have another opportunity to connect with another book study! The study will be from Wednesday February 22-Thursday April 6th. The title of the book is “40 Days of Decrease” by Alicia Britt Chole. You can get your copy here. Signup to be provided next week.
- Michael Burns: Michael Burns will be speaking at the Triangle Church Saturday January 28th and Sunday the 29th on the topic of Equal Concern & Care for the Body from 1 Corinthians. The Saturday session will be from 9:00am - 12:00pm.
- Bible Teachers Conference: The Bible Teachers in our fellowship is hosting their annual conference, the 2023 Teleios Society Conference. The theme will be "Gen Z: The Ongoing Conversation." This conference is not just for bible scholars, but for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of the scriptures, from campus students to empty nesters. The conference is Feb 23-25th at Oklahoma Christian University. Early Registration is $150 and Virtual Registration is $125. If you have any questions, you can reach out to Crystal Mbanuzue for more details. Register at: teleiosconference.com
Care & Compassion:
- Grief Journey Facilitator Training: Any mature disciple who could potentially facilitate or co-facilitate an 8-week support group in the future is encouraged to join the Piedmont Triad Church for the training based on the Grief Journey book and contact Margo Scurry (704.277.5605) of The Care and Compassion Ministry through which it would be coordinated for our church. Grief Journey was written by Tim Sumerlin, PhD and an elder in The Denver Church, for the purpose of providing spiritually focused comfort and support in the face of loss.
- Two training sessions via Zoom: Jan 17 & 24, 7-8:30 pm
- A final 90-minute Q&A Zoom session will be scheduled at a later time.
- The Piedmont Triad Church will cover the cost of the training. The training is free to you.
- Books can be purchased from Illumination Printing
- Participants must register in order to receive the Zoom link (Register Here to Attend the Training).
- Save the Date: All you romantics! To celebrate our love for our spouses, the gentlemen wish to lavish fine dining and service extraordinary upon our lovely ladies. Please reserve the evening of Saturday Feb 11th.
- Teachers Needed: Children's Ministry is looking for you to join us as we introduce our children to the wonder, beauty, and majesty of God through the scriptures in a loving and safe environment. Please click the link to sign up to teach for the February-July rotation!
- Thank you: HOPE ww Charlotte would like to thank everyone for their prayers and participation in the Holiday Gift Card Program and Coat drive. Your generosity has touched the lives of our brothers and sisters and our neighbors in the community. May God richly bless you for your acts of kindness and love.
- It's Here: Our 2023 MLK Day of Service will take place on Sat January 14th from 9AM -1PM @ the Charlotte Church. The doors will open at 8:30am. There will be a program to honor Dr. King followed by an opportunity to work on several hands-on service projects that will be conducted on site. These service projects will provide relief for many of our neighbors that are in need and help the youth in our community. The projects are suitable for 3rd graders up to adults. Please click here to register.
- HOPE ww Community Suppers: In honor of Dr. King, during the month of January, we are asking all of our members and friends to consider hosting a meal in your home where you intentionally invite people who are different from you to break bread with you. The purpose for this activity is to help us all to become intentional at practicing radical hospitality and building relationships with people from all walks of life. Please click here for ideas on how you can achieve this.
- Bridges Out of Poverty: workshop will be held on Sat Jan 28th from 9AM - Noon @ the Charlotte Church. If you have a passion for learning how to serve and help people who are currently living in poverty, then this workshop is for you. The workshop will be interactive and filled with activities to help make the information that will be shared adaptable and meaningful.
- MMOG EVENT: SAVE THE DATE: MMOG XV- "Tear It Down"
- SAVE THE DATE: April 21-23 Father/Son (Uncles/Grandpas/Big Brothers!) Retreat Event
- Ages: 6th - 12th gr
- Location: Camp Walter Johnson
- Registration Opening Soon!
- We Need Volunteers & Mentors!!
- Event Contact: Anthony Famularo 704- 968-1645
- Video Link
- Talent Show: Church Family- We Need Your Help!!!! Please go to the following link- We've Got Talent and sign up to participate in the Talent Show/Fundraiser. All proceeds minus cost and prizes will go to the MMOG Ministries to support their efforts. You may sign up to sing, juggle, play an instrument, artwork,etc., you may also volunteer to help with set-up,collect tickets, or volunteer to donate needed prizes for participants. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or call and/or text me 704-794-2111- Stephanie Dixon. If you need help with the fee to sign up for the show, please reach out to me. Last day for sign up is 1/22/23. Thank you in advance for your consideration and participation.
- $25- Application Fee
- $5- Raffle Ticket and Admission Price
- Date: Saturday February 25, 2023
- Time: 4:00-6:00 pm
- Place- The Charlotte Church, 2200 Ashley Road
- MMOG Serving Committees: If you would like to help us grow and serve on one of our committees, please reach out to us and either Tim or Anthony will reach out to you! (Fund Raising, Partnership Relations, Community Outreach or MMOG Father/Son Events https://www.mmogministries.org/contact_new
- SCM (Street Corner Ministries):
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
- Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: email@example.com