Announcements for January 10, 2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.....................................................................$22,000.00
- January 3rd.............................................................................$25,248.00
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ................$856.00
- General Prayer: Please be praying for all of those who are members of the Charlotte church and for their loved ones that are fighting the COVID virus at this time.
- Natasha Pyfrom: Please pray for Natasha and her family as she is scheduled to return to work from maternity leave on 1/18. Please pray for her to have reliable childcare, peace, good health, and contentment in the process. Pray for wisdom, discernment and patience for her and her family.
- Alleyah Babel: Thank you to all who have supported the Babel family with prayers, contributions, meals, cards, etc. Let's continue to pray for Alleyah's healing and lifting this family up. If you are able to help them with a meal, please visit this link: MEAL SIGN UP and cards of encouragement may be sent to 3015 Rosewater Lane, Indian Trail, NC 28079-3713.
- Anthony Rhodes: Please pray for the family of Anthony Rhodes, whose mother Janie Rhodes passed away this week from COVID complications. Cards of sympathy and encouragement can be sent to the Rhodes Family, 6529 Fieldstone Manor Drive, Matthews, NC 28105
- Jan Pickett: Please pray for the family of Jan Pickett as her brother (Jeffrey Michael Miller) passed away recently. Cards of encouragement can be sent to Jan, 243 Water Oak Dr Pineville NC 28134
Church Wide Announcements
- Prayer Chain: It's been encouraging to begin 2021 faithful in prayer together and let's continue through January. Has God put on your heart a specific need to pray about or a person to pray with? Simply click this link and keep the prayer chain going: PRAYER SIGN UP
- New Christian Class: Attention! If you have been baptized or restored from 2018-2020 this is for you. We are starting a new Christians class on Sunday January 24th that will run for 5 weeks once a week for an hour from 5:00-6:00pm via Zoom. The teachers for the classes will be David and Jennifer Cunningham(Fellowship with God), George Violante and Danielle Scurry(Fishers of Men), Steve and Tinisha Bookhart(Filled with the Spirit), Kevin and Alex Sampson(Following Jesus), and Phil and Bonnie Fisher(Foundational Biblical Doctrines). The Acostas and Cortezes will be teaching these classes in Spanish. We are looking forward to seeing you there, Class Sign Up
- Parenting Beyond Capacity: The Children's Ministry will be restarting our parenting series with the book Parenting Beyond Your Capacity. For the series we will have families in the church share on 5 family values: Widen the Circle, Imagine the End, Fight for the Heart, Create a Rhythm, and Make It Personal. Each month from January-June we will email a video and questions, then come together at the end of the month for a Zoom discussion. The video will be emailed on the first Sunday of each month and we will have the Zoom discussion at 8:00pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month. If you do not receive the email or if you have further questions, please contact April Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
Care & Compassion:
- Senior Agape Program: On behalf of the Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry, we like to thank each and everyone of you that help to support our Senior Agape "Acts of Love" Cards and letters of encouragement campaign in 2020. The words of encouragement given throughout the year along with the Thanksgiving fruit basket greatly uplifted our seniors at the Anita Stroud Living Center. As we begin the new year, we would like ask for your continued support of our efforts. We will begin another Letter of Encouragement "Acts of Love" Campaign next week. Cards and letters will delivered in February. Please continue to mail letters to the church office and label them Care and Compassion Ministry c/o Charlotte Church, or drop off your letter at the church in the outside mailbox located outside of the Fellowship Hall.
- 2020 Victory Report: The Care and Compassion Ministry would like to thank you for the opportunities we have had this year to partner with the church in serving our brothers and sisters. We are grateful for the support we have received from our leaders and our core C&CM team to help "stand in the gap". 2 Corinthians 1:4 - He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. We would like to share our year-end report to all who would like to see some of the ways our church has much to be grateful for this year!
- Care and Compassion 2020 Victory Report.pdf
- Save the date! Registration is now open for the 2021 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Virtual Celebration and Digital Art Contest on January 18, 2021 at 3PM EST. Let's make it a family affair as we encourage you to research our theme "The Beloved Community". We invite you to submit a digital piece that expresses your understanding of what Dr. King meant when he referred to "The Beloved Community". The entries will be featured and the winner announced at the end of the event. The winner will receive a $100 Grand Prize. The program will feature music, art and a meaningful discussion about Dr. King's dream of creating a Beloved Community. Featured Panelists include:
- Dr. Ben Barnett, Chief Evangelist HOPE worldwide, Inc.
- Mr. Michael Burns, Author, National and International Teacher, Twin Cities Church of Christ Ms. Kendall Baldwin, Director of U.S. Chapter Relations, HOPE worldwide, Inc.
- Mr. Trevor Hansen, Guest Moderator
Please click on this link to register for the event and receive instructions for the art contest:
Please share this link with your family, friends and network.
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org