Announcements for February 7,2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$22,000.00
- January 3rd..............................................................$25,248.00
- January 10th............................................................$21,366.00
- January 17th............................................................$16,813.64
- January 24th............................................................$18,300.62
- January 31st............................................................$29,873.68
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ...............$5,590.00
- Lilly Tran: Lilly joined one of the women's prayer times last week and shared the good news that her MRI and scan show NO cancer!! She is so grateful and said "Praise God, Praise God, Praise God". She asks for continued prayers for her memory to be restored due to the effects of the medication
- Alleyah Babel: The Babel family is grateful for the support, prayers and meals from the church! As Alleyah continues to fight the tumor on her spine, let's continue to fight in prayer on her behalf. You can sign up to bring them a meal here: MEAL SIGN UP and cards of encouragement may be sent to 3015 Rosewater Lane, Indian Trail, NC 28079-3713. Thank you.
- 2021 LEADERS MEETINGS (12-1:30): In 2021 we will look forward to meaningful time together. We will alternate gathering as an entire leadership and by regions. *For regional meetings: Campus & Singles leaders will meet with the South region, Youth & Family leaders will meet with the North region. Leaders of all other ministries, please attend the regional meeting with the region of your family group. Zoom information for each meeting is below. Please note the information is different for the North Region meetings.
- Zoom information for Meetings 12-1:30:
- All Together & South: click here or use ID: 846 0104 8618 passcode: 196212
- North Region: click here or use ID: 878 6401 9926 Passcode: 573090
- February 7: All Together
- March 7: *Regional
- April 11: All Together
- May 2: *Regional
- June 6: All Together
- July 11: *Regional
- August 1: All Together
- September 12: *Regional
- October 3: All Together
- November 7: *Regional
- December 5: All Together
Church Wide Announcements
- 2020 Contribution Receipts: The contribution receipts/statements for 2020 donations have been generated. There are two ways to obtain your statement: (1) Register for an account on the church website at https://www.thecharlottechurch.org/Give and obtain your statement online under "Giving History"; or (2) request your statement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember: If you will be claiming a deduction on your tax return for your donations to the church, you should obtain your receipt prior to filing your taxes. (Note: If you use the online option and do not see your contributions, let us know so that we can connect your login account to your giving profile.)
UPCOMING CONFERENCES/LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Below are two events (virtual) being hosted by different service teams within our sister of churches. We wanted to be sure you had the information for these opportunities. Please see the links provided for full details and registration.
- RACIAL JUSTICE IN THE CHURCH February 6 & 13, 2021: The ICOC Teachers Service Team has formed a Race Relations Task Force chaired by Suzette Lewis. The team has been discussing ways to help disciples explore the principles and practices of racial justice in the church. If you have been interested in studying this topic, register for this free workshop hosted via Zoom on Saturday, February 6 and 13. For more information on the specific classes visit: https://milestonechurches.com/racial-justice
- LET JUSTICE ROLL: VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ON THE BIBLE & JUSTICE. March 4-6, 2021 The Teachers Service Team of the ICOC invites you to be part of a conference entitled "Let Justice Roll" on March 4-6, 2021. This conference is sponsored by the ICOC Teachers Service Team and the Teleios Society. The theme is biblical justice. Featured at our conference is Mr. Fred Gray, a civil rights icon in the US. Mr. Gray was the attorney for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks. For more information visit: https://www.teleiossociety.com
- Please mark your calendars for some virtual events coming up this February to May. Even though we cannot be together in person we can have some virtual fun, fellowship and faith building time. Check the Singles Hangout/Events GroupMe and the Church calendar for more information.
- Feb 13th: Valentines Celebration 6:30-8pm
- Feb 23rd: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
- Feb 27th: All NC Singles Devotional 10-12p
- International Singles Fellowship All Day
- March 13th: Scavenger Hunt and Mini Games 6:30-8pm
- March 20th: Quarterly Singles Workshop: Time TBD
- March 27th: International Singles Fellowship All Day
- March 30th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
- April 17th: Virtual Escape Room 6:30-8pm
- April 27th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
- May 15th: Drive In Movie 7-10pm
- May 25th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
- Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry that has been operating from our parking lot on Monday's since August and has helped feed 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer you must contact Mike Dames at email@example.com. A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID
- Save the date!: Registration is now open for a Virtual Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop on February 27, 2021 from 9:00 AM until Noon hosted by HOPE worldwide Charlotte. God calls His image bearers to love and serve the poor and marginalized. If you are interested in finding out how you and your organization can do this in a way that has the greatest impact, then this workshop is for you. In this workshop, you will learn about: The Causes of Poverty - Increasing Resources - Involving Your Whole Community - Strategies to Help People in Poverty Get Out.
- Blood Drive: Please save the date and spread the word. The American Red Cross & HOPE world wide Charlotte will be hosting our next blood drive on Saturday February 20th from 8AM-1PM in the Fellowship Hall of the Charlotte Church located at 2200 Ashley Rd, Charlotte NC Red Cross has operated as an essential service throughout the COVID Pandemic. Here's the need. There's a nationwide blood shortage and right know they need our help. Did you now:
- Right now, the American Red Cross is in critical need of African American & LatinX blood donors to give to ensure sickle cell patients receive treatments
- The Blood supply must be replenished constantly
- One donation can potentially save three lives
- Donating blood is the simplest thing you can do to save a life
- All CDC protocols and guidelines will be followed.
- If you would like to donate blood or volunteer to serve at the drive contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-724-2362
Care & Compassion Ministry:
- Temple Care Dance: Please join The Care and Compassion Ministry's Temple Care Dance classes via Zoom on Saturday, February 13th at 10 am. Join us for our dance fitness class by clicking here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86298560325?pwd=dEY0Tk9RRHk2cGFQbyttQWZhVEJqZz09 Exercise and self care are instrumental to our health! To keep us moving the Care and Compassion Ministry will be hosting fitness classes twice a month on Saturday's through Zoom. Once a month there will be an medium intensity dance fitness class and we are working on offering a low intensity class once a month. If you would be interested in helping with it please contact Margo Scurry at 704.277.5605. Check out all the details through the evite below: http://evite.me/4q1F1WAFYB
- Parenting Series: Our parenting series has begun. Check your email this Sunday for this month's video on the family value, Widen the Circle, then join us for a Zoom discussion on Thursday, February 18 at 8:00. If you do not receive the email or have further questions, please contact April Williams at email@example.com.
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
- Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): email@example.com
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Office: email@example.com
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org