Announcements for August 9, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget.........................................................$23,000.00
- August 2nd...............................................................$16,286.16
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ................$40,506.26
- Sarah & Greg King: Please keep Sarah and Greg King in your prayers. Sarah's father Cal Buie passed away recently.
- Linda Robinson: Please pray for Linda Robinson and her family. She and mom have contracted COVID-19. Her mom is currently being treated in the hospital. Please also pray for her husband Tommy and her dad as they are now especially at risk
- Elizabeth Pixley: Please pray for Ms. Elizabeth Pixley who was recently hospitalized for heart and back issues. has been in the hospital for one week due to heart and back issues. Ms. Elizabeth asks for continued health and strength in the Lord.
- Sharlene Horton: Sharlene Horton's mom passed away on August 1st. Please pray for Sharlene and her family. Cards can be sent to Sharlene at 1718 Forest Side Ln, Charlotte NC 28213
- Kathy Teamor: Please pray for Kathy Teamor's family in the loss of her Dad, Harold Thomas this week. Her parents have been married 60 years. Please send cards to the family at Beverly Thomas 1103 Rutherford Rd Cleveland Hts. OH. 44112
- Sandra Morgan Kadir: Please pray for Sandra Kadir and her family. Sandra lost her aunt, Ms. Jimmie Blair, recently due to a recent illness. Ms. Blair is from Oklahoma City
- June Aiken: Please pray for June Aiken and family as June's grandfather, Mr. Arthur Singleton, passed in Charleston last Sunday. He was 97 years old. Pray for the Singleton family as they mourn the loss of their patriarch.
- Donny Torres (Mike & Maritza's son) was in a very serious car accident a few days ago. He is in ICU with multiple fractures and will require surgery. Donny is a disciple in Maryland. Prayers requested for the success of his surgery, comfort, and healing.
Prayer Request Updates:
- Joyce Jones: I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers for my mom, Joyce Jones. As some of you know, her foot was amputated in February. On Friday, she will get her prosthesis and is looking forward to walking into church when we are able to meet again. Thanks again for all your prayers & encouragement...Michelle Jones
Church Wide Notifications:
- Day of Prayer/Fasting: The Social Cultural Unity and Diversity (SCUAD, "squad") team (Formerly; Diversity Team) of the ICOC is a group of brothers and sisters across the country that work towards helping Gods people bring to life Ephesians 2: 14-16, "...abolishing the dividing wall of hostility...". In that spirit please read below and consider joining many saints in prayer and fasting as we call out to God to shine His light through us. Read below for more information from the SCUAD.
- Day of Prayer and Fasting -- August 12 As we grieve the effects of racism and commit to growing even more in our love and compassion for one another, we are asking that you join us for a Day of Prayer and Fasting on Wednesday, August 12. Let us take some time to detach from worldly influences and simply connect with God and seek His direction as a church. Let us pray for humility with one another and for God to root out anything that would prevent us from loving Him and loving each other. Finally, despite the obvious sin and division in the world, let us remember that we are a people of hope and not despair--as the Hebrew writer reminds us, We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved (Hebrews 10:39). Let us continue to forge ahead together, filled with the Holy Spirit's guidance and counsel to proclaim Jesus to a hurting world.
- 2020 Missions Contribution Goal: The Charlotte Church has set a goal of collecting $110,000 for missions in 2020. The first $55,000 collected will be used for support of the Appalachian Christian Church in Boone, North Carolina. The next $55,000 collected will be used in support of African missions. Any additional funds collected over $110,000 will be used for domestic and/or foreign missions as determined by the evangelists, elders and Board of Directors of the Charlotte Church.
- HOPE Blood Drive: Please mark your calendars. Our next Blood Drive will be on Saturday August 15th from 8AM-1PM. The American Red Cross currently has an Urgent need for blood - Especially African American Blood. One pint of blood can save 3 lives. Here is a way that we can help meet a great need in our City. For increased safety due to COVID, CDC Safety Protocols will be in place and strictly followed. Please pay special attention to the announcement on the You Tube channel this Sunday.
- Who: The American Red Cross & HOPE worldwide Charlotte
- What: Blood Drive-Calling on blood donors who are willing and able
- Where: Fellowship Hall - 2200 Ashley Rd Charlotte, NC 28208
- When: Saturday August 15, 2020 from 8AM-1PM
- Contact: Mike Dames- 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
Care & Compassion:
- Prayer: With the 2nd Sunday of the month upon us, the Care & Compassion invites you to pray with us. There are certainly many needs as many family members passed away recently and health issues have hit many. We also want to keep the Covid crisis and racial tensions on our radar
- Time: 2-2:30pm on 8/9/2020
- Topic: Care and Compassion Ministry Prayer Time (Virtual)
- Time: This is a recurring meeting (2nd Sunday each month)
- Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87143343899
- Meeting ID: 871 4334 3899
- Senior Agape Program: The Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry is inviting everyone in the church to continue to show encouragement and love to some of our area's congregates' living facilities that have experienced some of the most isolation during these trying times. We continue to invite the entire church (groups, members, families and kids) to participate in our monthly "Acts of Love" event by writing letters and/or cards to the residents at our selected facility. As we continue to support the Seniors at the Anita Stroud Living Center (where two of our members reside) for the month of August. Writing these letters and cards of encouragement really make the residents feel special. If you would like to continue to participate just keep sending the letters and cards to the church or click to sign up .
- We need 85 cards and two of them need to be in Spanish.
- All letters need to be submitted by August 22,2020.
- Once you have written a letter or card, enclose it in an envelope and address it "Dear Resident" and then place that letter/ card into another envelope and address it to: The Charlotte Church: c/o the Care and Compassion Ministry at 1800 Camden Road, Suite 107-275- Charlotte, NC 28203.
- MMOG/M3OG; "I AM" VBFD!: Battle Briefing Call Out; Dads gather your sons, Sons gather your dads, Married Men w/o sons gather other MM, Teens, Single Brothers, Invite your lost family, friends and maybe someone who left the church, make it a backyard campout day/night, have some battle games, throw some axes, break some bread and eat together around your personal bonfires, grills, but than join in to the
- MMOG/M3OG "I AM" Virtual Bonfire - Devo Night! (Teaser for main event) Are You REALLY IN THE BATTLE? What battle? How do we win? Have you been staying True to the Great I AM? Do you need Refreshed?!
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org