Announcements for August 29, 2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Weekly Budget........................................................$22,000.00
- August 1st...............................................................$26,601.78
- August 8th...............................................................$20,569.35
- August 15th.............................................................$19,376.08
- August 22nd............................................................$21,014.94
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ...............$63,191.90
- Babel Family: Many have lovingly asked how they may help support the Babel family. In order to best meet their dietary needs right now, we are going to serve them with gift cards for meals. This will allow them some flexibility in what they order. There are currently 4 adults at home including Alleyah. We realize their needs may change and we will update things accordingly. eGift cards can be emailed to Robby and Bernice at RBBabel97@gmail.com (2 B's). The Babels also welcome you to visit their home on Fridays between 12pm-4pm. In order to safeguard Alleyah, it is requested that only those who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 visit at this time. The family also asks that only one visit be made in a day with a maximum of two people at a time. Below is the Meal Train link to sign up to send gift cards as well as the Sign UP Genius link for visitations. If you have any questions you can contact Howard Williams: 201-970-4205, HKHW@MSN.com. Thank you for serving this precious family.
- Demario Grier: Our brother Demario recently underwent foot surgery and will be out for about 8 to 12 weeks. If you would like to send cards of encouragement, please send to: 3701 Capps Hill Dr. Charlotte, 28216. A meal train has also been created if you would like to send him a meal. Please sign up at the following link: https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/wk2qk0
- Kareema Gray: Please be in prayer for Kareema Gray in the sudden passing of her brother David(DJ) Levetter. Services were held in Philadelphia on August 23rd. Cards of encouragement can be sent to: Kareema Gray 3241 Ellingford Road Charlotte NC 28214
- Leigh Facchino: Leigh's mother, Cindy Setzer passed away on August 8th of complications from Covid. Please pray for the family and especially for Cindy's husband Zell Setzer. There will be a memorial service held in Florida in the next few weeks. If you would like to send cards to Zell, his address is 8357 NE 147th Court Rd. Silver Springs, Fl 34488.
- LEADERS MEETING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 (12-1:30) Feel free to bring your lunch and we'll have some frozen treats to enjoy together as we meet. For those connecting from home, the zoom information is below.
- Zoom information: click here or use
- ID: 87625229301 passcode: Jesus
- September 12: All Together
- October 3: All Together
- November 7: All Together
- December 5: All Together
- Midweek Service 09/01/21: Brothers and Sisters, please join us for our midweek on September 1st at 7:00pm at the building. We will be doing a short devotional on prayer and then spending time together in prayer. For those wanting to attend virtually the Zoom link is below. See you there!
- Zoom Link: Click Here
- Meeting Id: 879 5030 0695
- Annual Financial Audit: Did you know that the church undergoes a yearly financial audit? If you didn't know, we do! We are pleased to announce that we have recently successfully completed our 2020 financial audit!!
- InsideOut Christian Counseling Conference (Online, October 1st and 2nd): In our post-COVID world, a focus on mental health is more essential than ever. InsideOut 2021 is for anyone who wants to join the discussion around current mental health issues, receive support and teaching on how to help others, or learn how to improve their own emotional well-being, from a biblical perspective. Whether you are practicing counselor/clinician, serving in ministry, or a member wanting to become better equipped in mental health to help yourself or others, this conference is for you. View full conference details including a video and register at insideoutccc.com
- SWAMP: Upcoming Retreats
- September 10-12, 2021: For Grades 9-12: Currently we have 9 teens attending camp - Please let Carla know if your child is attending - so we can collaborate the transportation - there is room for a couple of parents to volunteer in the kitchen.
- Registration: Camp Swamp | Retreat Registration
- Cost: $90 per person (No deposit required), $115 after August 27
- Friday - Sunday October 1-3, 2021: Ages 5 & up - Grandmothers welcome
- Cost: $90 for Mother | $90 for Daughter (no deposit required), $35 discount for each additional person (grandmother or 2nd daughter), $110 EACH after September 17
- Registration: Camp Swamp \ Registration
- Please reach out to Carla Weyrick, Swamp Ambassador with your questions: 704-564-5585 | email@example.com
- Contribution Collection: In lieu of the resurgent of Covid, we will be suspending Sunday contribution collections until further notice. Please continue to utilize the online giving option at (https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give). If you have any questions, contact the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Intergenerational Women's Tea Party: Women of all ages, life stages and backgrounds are invited to an Intergenerational Women's Tea Party, hosted by Toni Lagatta and Jazmyn Henkel. We have some new dates available so please reserve your tea time using the link below. There is a limited number of 8 guests in order to practice Covid safety. Please invite your friends, daughters, sisters or mothers for fellowship, icebreaker activities, lessons and great conversation. Thank you! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050D4FAAAA2CA64-intergenerational1
- KaBlaam 2021: We are excited to announce KaBlaam 2021 is a go. The Triangle Church, located at 2103 Page Road, Durham, NC 27703, will host KaBlaam on Saturday, September 11th!! KaBlaam is a fun-filled memorable day for Middle School kids (and this year, 9th graders) across North Carolina. This event began in 1999, and while we were not able to host KaBlaam in 2020, we are thrilled to bring this great event back for Middle Schoolers and 9th Graders in our community and across the State. Check out this short video of our 2019 KaBlaam! For questions, email email@example.com
- Event schedule: Registration and pre-event activities from 11:30 - 12:30 p.m., with KaBlaam itself starting at 12:30 p.m. All events will be done by 5:00 p.m. or sooner. (important note: come fed as there will be no lunch provided, but the post-game activities will include a substantial snack such as pizza).
- Register your Middle Schoolers & 9th Graders to attend KaBlaam at www.kablaam.net (early registration ends on 8/31).
- Volunteer: Parents, teens, and campus, can sign up to help at the KaBlaam volunteer site. We have opportunities for both event volunteers as well as housing volunteers. As in years past, we are also forming a Parent team - let us know if you want to be a part!
- Undivided Singles Retreat: The Columbia Church of Christ is inviting all Charlotte singles to join for the Undivided Singles Retreat, September 3rd-6th. The cost is $40 and registration ends August 31st. Please see the attached flyer and the registration link for more information. https://ccoc.breezechms.com/form/undivided
- MMOG XII - "A Cry for Revival": "Then he said to me, Prophesy to these bones and say to them, Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! I prophesied and breath entered them...!" Ezekiel 37. It's time for a REVIVAL in our souls, in our families & our communities!! We are very excited to be able to get out of the COVID caves and to gather once again on the battlefields with as many Middle-Schoolers boys, Teen dudes & Dads as we can get to join us for a Battle Cry For Revival! And to help us stir up the revival fires, we are also very excited to announce a first ever new sponsoring location.....The Fayetteville Church!
o DATE: 10/22-24 Cost: $15 per person
o LOCATION: The Fayetteville Church
o WHO: 5th-12th grade Boys/Dads/All Men with Sons or no sons!! Adopt the single Moms boys!
o Service Event: TBA!
o INFO: https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/about-mmog-xxii-a-cry-for-revival
o REGISTER: https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/register-mmog-xii-a-cry-for-revival
o Event Contact: Tim & Anthony firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit the ChilMin Corner for information and updates, and weekly lessons and parent guides.
• Haiti Disaster Relief: Please be in prayer for the nation of Haiti as they recover from the devastating earthquake. If you are interested in donating to the relief fund, please use the link below: Responding to the 7.2M Earthquake in Haiti
• Thank you for the tremendous outpouring of support for the August Blood Drive and the School Tools Campaign! We are incredibly grateful for your sacrifices. If you still have school tools to turn in, please bring them to church the first Sunday in September.
• Wellness Campaign - Journey to Wellness, continues: Our current focus is Mental Wellness. The Faith Health Ministry is continuing its Journey to Wellness Campaign. Over the next few months, we will be sharing information helpful to improving one of the 6 dimensions of wellness. Wellness is defined as the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health. The 6 dimensions we will discuss are Physical, Mental, Spiritual, Emotional, Social and Environmental. To read the blog, please click the link below: https://cltchurchfaithhealthministry.blogspot.com/2021/08/wellness-journey-mental-wellness.html
• Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry has been operating from our parking lot on Mondays since August 2020 and has helped feed over 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. A cap has been placed on the number of volunteers because of COVID protocols so you must reserve your spot in advance. To volunteer, please contact Mike Dames at email@example.com. For questions, please contact Mike at 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org
• Ministry Staff: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Ministries (click on the specific ministry name on the left side of the screen)
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
***Still not sure who to contact, send your questions/inquiries to the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org