Announcements for April 26, 2020
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox.
Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget........................................................$23,000.00
- April 5th...................................................................$18,116.50
- April 12th.................................................................$23,724.95
- April 19th.................................................................$28,281.52
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2020 ..............$15,949.48
- Evelyn Dowery: Please pray for the Shackleford and Lewis families who are mourning the death of Mamie Ruth Lewis (81), Evelyn Dowery's sister and Sharma Graham's aunt. Mamie passed away on Friday, April 17, in Durham at the Duke Hock Family Hospice Pavillion after a long battle with cancer. Pray specifically for Mamie's daughter, Deidra Lewis of Salt Lake City, UT, and her beloved grandson, Christian Lee. A private funeral service was held on Wednesday, April 22 at her church, Kyles Temple AMEZ in Durham. She was buried at Woodlawn Memorial Park in Durham.
- Martil Cosper: Please pray for Art and Martil Cosper as they mourn the loss of Martil's father, Leonza Foster, Sr. He passed away in Detroit, Michigan on Friday, April 10. Cards can be sent to the Cospers at 7208 Marlbrook Dr, Charlotte, NC 28212.
Church Wide Notifications:
- DO YOU HAVE A NEED? or WANT TO MEET A NEED?
"I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do."
During this time, we realize the needs of members may surpass their family group's ability to meet them and we need to pull together as a larger family. Many of you have asked how you may serve members in the church who are in need. In order to match those of you who can help with the growing number of needs during this time, the Care & Compassion Ministry has created a Have a Need, Meet a Need Process.
Click HAVE A NEED, if you have a need and fill out the linked form, providing as much detail as possible.
Click MEET A NEED, if you would like to meet a need - we will be updating this list of needs in the congregation daily, providing enough detail so you know what's being asked. Each need will have a button you hit to sign up to meet the need. Contact details will then be texted to you within 24 hours. Please contact the Care & Compassion Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- COME SPEND TIME WITH THE STAFF WOMEN (online of course!): Every Thursday in the month of April, Jennifer and Lavonia will be hosting Women's Fellowship! We will be joined by the other women on staff for some great time of encouragement, laughter, and inspiration. These are some challenging days in many ways and though we hope you are getting girl time in your family groups, the staff women want to make themselves accessible to the sisterhood. Thursdays in April you can (click the following links):
ZOOM IN from 8-9AM (Meeting ID: 973-591-824 and Password: 566277)
ZOOM IN from 7:15-8:15PM (Meeting ID: 311-941-2128 , no Password)
Upcoming Church Wide Events:
- Purity During Pandemic: During the stress of isolation and fear during the pandemic, pornography consumption is increasing. Steve and Robin Wiedner from Pure and Simple are hosting a webinar on 04/25/2020 to discuss practical ways to stay pure as God intended. With pornography impacting younger and younger audiences this is a timely opportunity to learn. Click here to REGISTER.
- 2020 Vision Conference: The WDS2O2O Planning team continues to evaluate the COVID-19 situation worldwide and locally. Although they have no definitive update regarding the status of the conference, they currently considering several possibilities and have outlined three options for going forward. For more information and details, please visit: 2020 Conference Update
Care & Compassion Ministry:
- WE NEED YOU!: Are you interested in helping in the C&C ministry? Do you have some time during the day? Are you comfortable with technology? Then - The Care & Compassion Ministry would like to talk to you. We have a few projects we would like some help in implementing? Please give Margo Scurry a call or text her at 704.277.5605
- CALLING ALL WARRIORS; UNITE FOR CARE & COMPASSION - The Care and Compassion ministry of our church need help! They need frontline warriors, armor bearers and servants now more than ever! We need ALL Dads, TEENS, Campus, Singles to step up and join this campaign! Go to this sign up form and wait for the battle cry! To sign up, click HERE
- Parent Survey: In these unique times, the Children's Ministry wants to be here to love, comfort, encourage, and support you. Please take a little time to complete this survey, and let us know how we may support your family right now. (Survey Link)
- Curriculum Resources: Hello Families, in an effort to keep us moving in a faithful and spiritual direction, we have created a Children's Ministry page on the church website where we will provide our weekly Orange Curriculum parent guides, lessons, and videos. Click here for weekly resources.
Y&F Ministry (Teens):
- PROM 2020: The Teen Prom, hosted by The Charlotte Church, was originally scheduled for May 2nd, however, due to COVID-19, May 2nd is no longer an option. We have decided to move the Prom to July or Aug 2020. We will notify you as soon as we establish the date. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- Verbal Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday): email@example.com.
- Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 Thursday):firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- Building Request: email@example.com
- Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
- Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
- Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org