Announcements for April 18, 2021
Please consider submitting your contributions online at: https://thecharlottechurch.org/Give. This is the preferred method of giving to limit the number of trips to the mailbox. Contact the office if you have any questions (email@example.com)
- Weekly Budget........................................................$22,000.00
- April 4th...................................................................$26,308.08
- April 11th..................................................................$21,277.83
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2021 ...............$26,135.06
- Lilly Tran has finished her inpatient radiation treatments at Duke Medical in Durham. Plans are being made to transfer her to a skilled nursing/rehab facility in the Charlotte area, hopefully within the next two weeks. Please pray for the success of the radiation treatments and that Lily can be transferred closer to home for continued rehab.
- Jeremi and Pam Anderson tested positive for Covid-19 last week. Both are recovering at home. Pray that their symptoms will be minimum and for a complete recovery and return to their usual routine. Address for get-well cards: 6520 Harris River Way, Charlotte NC 28269.
- Peaches Shaw: Prayers are requested for Beula "Peaches" Shaw and her family. Her husband, Charles Shaw, underwent a successful kidney transplant four weeks ago. They are traveling between Charlotte and Winston-Salem for his follow-up care and in-person school for their son, Jackson. Get well cards (for Charles) and encouragement (for Peaches) may be sent to: 1821 Wilton Gate Dr., Charlotte, NC 28262.
- Chris & Jenna Wilson: Congratulations on the arrival of baby Ava! She was born first thing April 15 weighing 7lbs. Welcome Ava! If you'd like to serve the Wilsons, you can visit this meal train. Cards of encouragement may be sent to 9006 Boling Green Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277.
Baptisms & Restorations:
- Baptism: Welcome our new brother, Mack Moore, to the spiritual family! Mack is currently undergoing his second treatment of chemo, so he can't yet be with everyone physically, but if you would like to support his family by providing a meal during the week, feel free to check out the meal train. Click HERE for meal train! Welcome to the family Mack!!
- 2021 LEADERS MEETINGS (12-1:30): Our next leadership gathering will be on May 2nd. We look forward to our time together. Zoom information for each meeting is below. Please note the information is different for the North Region meetings:
- All Together & South: click here or use ID: 846 0104 8618 passcode: 196212
- North Region: click here or use ID: 878 6401 9926 Passcode: 573090
- May 2: *Regional
- June 6: All Together
- July 11: *Regional
- August 1: All Together
- September 12: *Regional
- October 3: All Together
- November 7: *Regional
- December 5: All Together
- Church Library: Thank you so much to all of you that took the time to participate in our recent survey regarding the possibility of having a library at the church building. In regards to next steps, we have decided to hold off on further discussion/communication until we begin meeting at the building on a more consistent basis.
- Shepherding Master Plan: The Elders have put together there shepherding plan for 2021 into 2023 and would like for you all to be in the know. Click this link to learn more and see what plans are in the works for the Charlotte Church.
Care & Compassion:
- Senior Agape Program: Dear Charlotte Church Family, On behalf of the Senior Agape Program of the Care and Compassion Ministry, we like to thank each and everyone of you that continue to support our Senior Agape "Acts of Love" Cards and letters of encouragement campaign in 2021, we would like ask for your continued support of our efforts. We will be delivering another group of Letters of Encouragement this week to the Anita Stroud Living Center. Please continue to mail letters to The Charlotte Church office in care of the Care and Compassion Ministry, or drop off your letter in the outside mailbox labeled Care and Compassion Ministry at the church.
- Children's Ministry: New this month: on Sundays April 11th and 18th at 9:00am, Jessica Trammel will have Zoom class for 3-5 yr olds. Grab your little ones and join in! Contact April Williams at awilliams@thecharlottechurch for Zoom link.
- Parents, we need your children's beautiful faces, voices, and hearts. The Worship Team is partnering with the Children's Ministry to make a video of our children singing a song of praise to God. Please contact April Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org if your child is able to participate.
- Parenting Series: It's not too late to join in the parenting series. Check your email this Sunday for this month's video and discussion questions on the family value, Fight for the Heart, and then join us for a Zoom discussion on Thursday, April 22nd at 8:00pm. If you do not receive the email or have further questions, please contact April Williams at email@example.com.
- Chil Min Corner - Click HERE!
- SWAMP Camp is Open this Summer!: This is your child's #1 Summer Destination for ages 9 to 19. Registration Begin: April 15, 2021. As your Swamp Ambassador, I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding summer camp. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-564-5585
- Video: https://www.campswamp.com/?wvideo=35z8vjloo6
- Registration: https://www.campswamp.com/youthcamp/registration/
- HOPE Advisory Board: HOPE Charlotte is now accepting applications from individuals from the Charlotte Church that are interested in serving on the HOPE Advisory Board. HOPE Advisory Board members meet monthly virtually with Anne and myself to plan and manage existing programs. Our specific needs are:
- Individuals interested in identifying and coordinating service opportunities for our youth.
- Individuals with fundraising backgrounds or experience
- Individuals with interest in helping us start a HOPE Campus Club
- Individuals with interest in holistic health (Mind-Body-Soul-Spirit)
- Individuals with social media and marketing backgrounds
- Loaves & Fishes: The Loaves & Fishes Mobile Food Pantry has been operating from our parking lot on Mondays since August and has helped feed over 1000 families during this challenging time. Food boxes are distributed every Monday from 1:30 PM -3:00 PM by referral only. If you would like to volunteer please contact Mike Dames at email@example.com. A cap has been placed on volunteers because of COVID protocols so you must reserve your spot in advance. If you have questions please contact Mike Dames 704-724-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- MMOOOOOOGGGGG!: This is our New Normal, modified event that is a 2 Night event for those who can come Friday 16th for a good old fashion camp out night, then we will get up "early" Saturday morning to head to our service project. After serving, we will gather back at the camp for our "Modified" MMOG event evening. If you attended our event last October, it will be very similar.
- DATE: FRI 4/16 After 4 pm - SUN 4/18 (Can't make it Friday night, will need to meet at service project location(TBA) by 10 am Sat)
- COST: $25 per person + 1- Bag Of Non-Perishable Food
- Camp Location: Camp Walter Johnson, 918 Walter Johnson Rd, Denton NC (Tent/Hammock Camping Only! No Cabins!)
- To Bring: CHAIRS, Camping Supplies, Personal Pre-Made Weapons or Supplies to make (Graphite Golf Club, Roll Duct Tape), Snacks/Drinks, Personal COVID MASK and Work Gloves for possible manual labor! (We will ask for Masks to be worn when needed!)
- **Financial Assistance Available!! If you want to attend, but are in a tough spot, please SIGN UP a and mark Check Pay and then reach out to Tim E Kirk for assistance!! "No one left behind!"**
- Full Details: https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/about-mmog-xi-i-am
- Register: https://www.mmogcharlotte.com/form/mmog-115-only-a-few-service-event-sign-up
- Please mark your calendars for some virtual events coming up through May. Even though we cannot be together in person we can have some virtual fun, fellowship and faith building time. Check the Singles Hangout/Events GroupMe and the Church calendar for more information.
- April 17th: Virtual Escape Room 6:30-8pm
- April 27th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
- May 15th: Drive In Movie 7-10pm
- May 25th: Singles Monthly Devotional 7:30-8:45
• Prayer Request: Please send all prayer request (verbal and emailed): email@example.com
• Verbal & Emailed Announcements: (due 12:00 pm Thursday): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Benevolence: (704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
• Building Request: email@example.com
• Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Church Website: www.thecharlottechurch.org
• Contact Change Request: Send your updates to email@example.com
• Elders: elders@theCharlottechurch.org