Announcements August 25, 2019
Matthew Brownings (Diane Works' Nephew): Please pray for Matthew's eyesight to be restored, that he stops losing weight, that the doctors find the right meds, and to increase his appetite.
MEALS FOR DELORES WHITTINGTON:
A new meal signup has been created. If you signed up on the other calendar, please redo it on this site. Also please bring meals in containers that can be tossed easily. Thank you to everyone who's helped so far. - Lucy Ward https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0b48aca82eaa8-meals
UPCOMING EVENT REMINDERS
- Children's Ministry Parent Midweek: The next Children's Ministry Parent Midweek will be Wednesday, Aug 28th, 7:00-8:00. Please join us as we learn more about building our families through relationships. If you have an infant through 5th grader, we hope to see you there.
- Leaders Meeting in Fellowship Hall: Sunday, September 8 - 12:00 - 2:30 Lunch Provided No Childcare Provided
HOPE Announcement for Sunday 8-25-19
- Once again this year we will be sponsoring a Schools Tools Drive to support students in need through Classroom Central. We need your help. Please drop off your schools supplies beginning Sunday,7-21-19 through 9-1-19. Look for the collection barrels in the front lobby of the church and in front of the Fellowship Hall downstairs. Also, if you're interested in hosting a drive at your workplace please contact me for assistance. Mike Dames - 704-724-2362 or email@example.com
- On behalf of the Red Cross and HOPE world wide Charlotte would like to say thank you to all who participated in last Saturdays blood drive. 38 donors presented and 35 pints were collected. Mark your calendars. Our next blood drive will be held on Saturday Feb 22, 2020 from (8AM- 1PM) in our Fellowship Hall.
CARE & COMPASSION MINISTRY
The Care & Compassion Ministry would like to invite anyone with a need to meet for a Prayer and Encouragement Time the 2nd Sunday of every month, starting in September. The location is the Library room to the right of the stage behind the door that says Office Area Door. Please notify us in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you, Care and Compassion Team
FAMILY DEVOTIONAL NIGHT
Our Church Family event is in just 5 WEEKS and it is for ALL DISCIPLES! Families with kids, Teens, Campus, Singles, Empty Nesters.....Everyone!! Oh yeah, and your friends!!! It will be an evening of Faith, Fun & Fellowship and is designed to mix & mingle the younger with the older and help us to break down the age barriers and build unity through relationships.
- When: Friday Sept 20th, 7-8:30
- Where: In the Gym
- Note: Light snacks provided, so please have dinner before coming!
*We could use a few more event minded, creative, energetic and fun folks to serve in this!!
DJ Needed- someone to set up for some good party, background music!
Contact: Tim Kirk, email@example.com
There will be a financial workshop, "God and Money" on Saturday, September 28 from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the fellowship hall. Lunch will be provided. Please R.S.V.P. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONFERENCES AND RETREATS
"CHOSEN" 2019 SOUTHEASTERN SINGLES CONFERENCE
Over Labor Day weekend, Aug 30th-Sept. 1st, the 2019 Southeastern Singles Conference will be hosted in Atlanta, Georgia. Join 700+ Christian Singles from 20+ different ministries across Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and beyond, for an amazing weekend where we'll focus on our theme scripture, John 15:16
The Carolina Churches of Christ Present: Prepared - A College Prep Weekend (1 Peter 3:15) POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
2019 WOMEN'S RETREAT
We're so excited to see everyone at the Women's Retreat in October! Over 300 people have already registered so be sure to get your spot before it's full!
This will be an exciting opportunity to retreat and renew with God. It will also be a great time of fellowship and an opportune time to reach out to the women in your lives! God has used the Women's Retreat in the past to bring people's hearts closer to Him, and it has helped some to become Christians. Help us make the most of every opportunity God gives us!
M3OG- Married Men Spiritual Retreat!
Calling all Married Men...."Lordship"!
What does it mean to you?
Mighty Married Men Of God, don't miss it! Bring yourself & Find someone who needs Jesus Christ's salvation and help them out of the darkness! Endorsed by The Charlotte Church, we would like to invite all our Brothers & Friends from the Carolina churches to add this to your calendars and get prepared for a life impacting weekend!! Even experience highland style field games of strength & strategy! Kilts are welcomed!!
*We have added Friday Night for drive time of some!*
Dates: Oct 25-26 (*Fri Night is optional)
1 N- (Sat) $45 (Tent/Hammock) or $55 (Bunk Cabins)
2 N- (F/S) $60 (tent/hammock) or $80 ( bunk Cabins)
Where: Camp Walter Johnson, Denton NC
Updated Registration Link:
Tim Kirk email@example.com
2020 WORLD DISCIPLESHIP SUMMIT
Join disciples from around the world sharing God's vision to bring the love of Jesus to as many as possible.
Thursday, July 2 through Sunday, July 5th, 2020
Our church services can be translated in Spanish. Translation is in the balcony. Ask for Bernardo or Minerva Caceres to receive a headphone.
ONLINE GIVING NOW AVAILABLE:
Online giving is now available by visiting the church website at www.thecharlottechurch.org
, and then clicking Give. Please note that while giving by credit card is an option, the fees the church pays are lower for bank account transfers (ACH). If you have questions or run into problems with the tool, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Budget............................................$21,000
- August 4..........................................$22,726.37
- August 11........................................$31,251.47
- August 18........................................$21,905.46
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2019 ...............$27,298.24
- ANNOUNCEMENTS-VERBAL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday)email@example.com
- ANNOUNCEMENTS-EMAIL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday) Announcements@thecharlottechurch.org
- BENEVOLENCE(704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
- BUILDING Facilities@thecharlottechurch.org
- CHURCH OFFICE firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHURCH WEBSITE www.thecharlottechurch.org
- CONTACT INFORMATION-send your updates to email@example.com
- ELDERS elders@theCharlottechurch.org