Announcements September 15, 2019
New Website Coming Soon - But We Need Your Input:
We are currently in the design and planning stages for our new website. Our current site, while it meets our basic needs, requires updating. In our mission to push God's message forward through the Charlotte community and beyond, we want to create a dynamic website that helps us with this goal. We also want our new site to be a great place for you our family to get the information you need to stay connected and to help connect others to our family and God.
For the next step in this process, we need your help! This past Wednesday you received the survey via email. Also, in the Bulletin there is also a link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7LXZDR3 Please give us your feedback on our Current Site. The survey is 9 questions long and should take you no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete. The survey will close in two weeks (Wednesday September 25th). A very special thanks to Bob Lagatta for maintaining and serving us with his work on our website!
UPCOMING EVENT REMINDERS:
HOPE Announcements for Sunday September 15, 2019
1. Second Harvest Food Bank: We need volunteers to serve at the Second Harvest Food Bank on Saturday, September 21st from 8:45am-12pm. This helps Second Harvest distribute food to those in need faster and helps us to self-fund the Ashley Park Food Pantry. This activity is for adults and children ages 13 and older. Volunteers help inspect and sort items in the Charlotte warehouse that will get boxed and distributed to their partner agencies. To signup firstname.lastname@example.org follow the link below:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040E4DA8AB22A46-second2
2. DORIAN Disaster Relief Update: Numerous people around the world are asking how they can help. At this time, please DO NOT send supplies without a specific request from HOPE worldwide. The best way to help right now is to contribute to the HOPE worldwide Global Disaster Response fund. We will work closely with the local churches to coordinate the financial needs. DONATE NOW
3. We need volunteers to serve and have a meal with the men at the Charlotte Rescue Mission on Sat October 5, 2019 (4pm-6PM). If you are willing and able please contact James Wi-Afedzi , 225-907-9910 or email@example.com You must register in advance in order to serve for this project.
Family Devotional Fun Night!
Our Church Family event is for ALL DISCIPLES!
Families with kids, Teens, Campus, Singles, Empty Nesters.....Everyone!! Oh yeah, and your friends!!!
It will be an evening of Faith, Fun & Fellowship and is designed to mix & mingle the younger with the older & help us to break down the age barriers and build unity through relationships.
When: Friday Sept 20th, 7-8:30
Where: In the Gym
Note: Light snacks provided, so please have dinner before coming!
*We could use a few more event minded, creative, energetic and fun folks to serve in this!!
DJ Needed- someone to set up for some good party, background music!
Contact: Tim Kirk, firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a financial workshop, "God and Money" on Saturday, September 28 from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the fellowship hall. Lunch will be provided. This event is open to the public. Childcare will not be provided. Please R.S.V.P. by 9/23 at email@example.com
New Members Lunch
Welcome new faces! If you are new to the church, the staff and elders would like to invite you to lunch October 20th in the Fellowship Hall. Please mark your calendars. More details to come.
CONFERENCES & RETREATS:
LAST CALL!! 2019 Women's Retreat
There are a lot of women excited about the opportunity to RENEW! We are almost at capacity for the 2019 Women's Retreat, October 4-6 at Ridgecrest. If you haven't already, grab one of the last spots and register here: secchurches.com/register
M3OG- Married Men Spiritual Retreat!
Calling all Married Men...."Lordship"!
What does it mean to you?
Mighty Married Men Of God. We would like to invite all our Brothers & Friends from the Carolina churches to add this to your calendars and get prepared for a life impacting weekend!! Even experience highland style field games of strength & strategy! Kilts are welcomed!!
Dates: Oct 25-26 (*Fri Night is optional)
1 N- (Sat) $45 (Tent/Hammock) or $55 (Bunk Cabins)
2 N- (F/S) $60 (tent/hammock) or $80 ( bunk Cabins)
Where: Camp Walter Johnson, Denton NC
Updated Registration Link:
Event Contact: Tim Kirkmmogministries1@gmail.com704-699-9653
2020 WORLD DISCIPLESHIP SUMMIT
Join disciples from around the world sharing God's vision to bring the love of Jesus to as many as possible.
Thursday, July 2nd through Sunday, July 5th, 2020
Our church services can be translated in Spanish. Translation is in the balcony. Ask for Bernardo or Minerva Caceres to receive headphones.
ONLINE GIVING NOW AVAILABLE
Online giving is now available by visiting the church website at www.thecharlottechurch.org, and then clicking Give. Please note that while giving by credit card is an option, the fees the church pays are lower for bank account transfers (ACH). If you have questions or run into problems with the tool, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weekly Budget............................................$21,000
- September 1 ...............................................$23,086.20
- September 8................................................$33,987.55
- Missions Contribution Collected for 2019 .........$28,903.24
ANNOUNCEMENTS-VERBAL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday)email@example.com
ANNOUNCEMENTS-EMAIL ONLY(due 12:00 Thursday)Announcements@thecharlottechurch.org
BENEVOLENCE(704) 342-1099 option 2. A volunteer will return your call within 2 business days.
CONTACT INFORMATION-send your updates firstname.lastname@example.org